Navigation override

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jazzy_james

just wondering if there is an override or hack to make some of the navigation features work while driving. For example, finding a Point of Interest on the NAV doesn't work while driving. It only works while the car is in park. Don't worry, I'm not fiddling with it while I'm driving; my wife is. The Lexus GX has the same lockout but people figured out a way to over ride this. Thanks!

N

neytas2000

I dont know of one myself, but I know there is one for the Acura TL Nav. I have read a lot of forums on that one. There must be one for the LR3 Nav, we just need a good techie to try it..

C

CoreyS

I would also like to find one, for when the wife is in the passenger seat. In fact, wouldn't it be great if the passenger sensor for the airbag system would also enable the locked out Nav features when someone is sitting there!!??

I also know that the Infinity Nav system lockouts can be enabled by putting a switch in the wheel speed sensor line going to the Nav computer. Just flip the switch to "disconnect" the line, use Nav, then flip the switch back and all is fine. Not sure it's that easy on the LR3, probably a CAN bus or something (which I know nothing about).

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, it's been almost 2 years and no solution. The LR/Denso system is tightly integrated... it knows exactly what your car is doing.

By the way, you can still do some things... including selecting local POI or a previously saved destination. You can even oddly scroll around and press any location to set a new desination

T

TR4Runner

The factory navigation in my '04 4Runner has a hidden menu that allows me to override the disabled functions while driving.

To access it, I simply press the touch screen in the upper left corner, then the lower left corner and repeat again. A menu comes up with an "override" button. Press and hold the button and I can access all navigation functions while driving.

Maybe the systems in Land Rovers have a similar hidden menu??

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a diag/test function, but it's read only. Sorry. No secret bypass.

T

TR4Runner

That's a shame.... are you sure that there aren't any hidden functions? I was shocked to see how much different information is available in the hidden screen of my navi.... all kinds of satellite location information, signal strengths, and other stuff.

It's too bad that the new navigation systems have to lock out so many of the functions while in motion. I remember my Mom's 2000 Acura TL didn't disable any functions of the navigation system at all..... but I'm pretty sure the newer TL does disable navi functions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV