Remote Key Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djdlr3

Reaction score
Anyone know whether this key is actually water resistant or water proof? The salesman said it was indestructible and water proof. The manual seems to state otherwise and gives a host of things to avoid subjecting it to like impact, the sun and water damage.

The brochure says that the key is water resistant and can be submerged to a depth of 75 feet. The manual says nothing of the sort.

I'm asking this because when I go surfing I like to take the key with me in the water rather than hide it on the car, which is an easy invitation for a break in.

Anyone?

X

xcursion

It should do what it said it can in the brochure, but LR is probably leaving it out of the manual to deny the responsibility when they chose to (like if you submerge it in salt water in prolong periods...)

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep it in my pocket while in the water all the time... no problems. Yes, it's waterproof.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grommet said:
I keep it in my pocket while in the water all the time... no problems. Yes, it's waterproof.

That's good to know. My salesperson told me the same thing, but I figured salt water was pushing it...

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waterproof key

I surf two or three days a week with my key in my wetsuit. No problems with the key as I rinse it out with fresh water afterward. Have been doing that since Jan '05 with no problems. It's one of the things that really works!

L

LayerOMud

Other Features

I listed several other features about the key that I found while conducting research for my site. Its a pretty cool key. Good to know at least the waterproof part is true!
The other features include:
One Touch Lock/Unlock
Passes 30 Foot Drop Test onto concrete
Automatically Recharges battery
Waterproof to 75 feet
Ergonomic Shape
Foldable Key Shank
Removal activates Headlight courtesy delay to illuminate your surroundings
Random rolling code change
Programmable Button for
- Panic Alarm
- Surrounding Illumination