2003 Discovery -- Continuously honking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tharun_d

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently bought a 2003 Land Rover Discovery. The car is working fine until suddenly at 3:00 am today it started to continuously honk. Its didn't stop honking until I take the battery off.

It will be great if some one give me their insight in the problem. Thanks in advance.

thanks,
Tharun

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Some one else here had a similar issue just a week or so ago, and they were taking it to the dealer to have it checked. My thoughts are due to the cold weather the alarm is acting up.

But if you are under warrenty I would unplug the horn and take it to the dealer.

cjqsmom

Reaction score
I have the same problem. But it only happened one night and I am still waiting to take it to the dealer I take it in on Wednesday their only appt. The dealer is charging me 115 just to diagonist it. Will update when I find out whats going on. Although my problem has stopped I am still taking it in. Let me know if you find out why its doing it.

Celeste

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem .... the right side horn button would stick. Juggle it loose.

cjqsmom

Reaction score
mine would go off in the middle of the night. and the only way to stop it was to disconnect the battery.

J

john65b

Mine also was repeat honking a while back - it was my side horn buttons getting stuck under the sterering wheel cover. Do yourself a favor before you spend a couple hundred dollars at the dealer. Make sure the horn buttons are centered and "floating"

A couple "hourlies" at work still joke about when my Rover went all psyco on me one day. It took me 20 minutes to find the stuck button...real funny. My sides still hurt from laughing (sarcasm)

cjqsmom

Reaction score
went to dealership paid 115 to be told cant see why horn would do that the only thing the computer says was the alarm went off 4 times due to driveside door. I know of 2 times that I did it when we first got it but the other two I have no idea.

tharun_d

Reaction score
I went to the dealership they charged me $115 for just doing daignostics and $120 to replace the horn buttons on the steering wheel. Now there is no problem. Still I feel bad that I haven't used the advise given by other members of the forum to try loosing the horn buttons on the steering wheel.

Thanks,
Tharun.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut