Trailer wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

carriesue

I got a hitch receiver for my '00 DiscoII but I now need the electrical wiring harness to go with it. Does anyone know if there are any generic models that will fit?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am still looking for you . . . Anyone else know?

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walmart universal wiring kit #46155

Rover Wire - Walmart Wiring Kit
GREEN/WHITE(RT TURN) GREEN
GREEN/RED(LEFT TURN) YELLOW
RED/ORANGE(TAIL) BROWN
GREEN/PURPLE(BRAKE) RED
BLACK(GROUND) WHITE

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, that's D2 only...since that's what she was asking.

C

carriesue

I know I don't know what I'm talking about so please be patient with me here but is this a cut & splice project or do the parts just plug in?
Thanks guys!

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut and splice. Email/PM me and I'll help ya...

T

Thonglaw

Moose, do you have the same wiring info for a '96 Disco 1?

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For my buddy's D1, we got a U-Haul wiring harness (# 13486), which cost about $20, and wired it as follows:

Land Rover Wiring U-Haul Harness Wiring
PURPLE&GREEN RED
ORANGE&RED BROWN
GREEN&RED YELLOW
GREEN&WHITE GREEN

It's exceptionally easy to get to (access from the panel in the rear cargo area near the right tail light), and using "ScotchLok" connectors to splice in the wires is simple as well.

Andy

98ATXDiscovery

I have a 98 Discovery that I need to do add trailer wiring harness, called the local place where I usually get that stuff done and they said that only LR can do it. Is it that difficult or do they just not like to mess with LR's. I am not electrically talented, so I do not feel comfortable doing it myself. I think I will get robbed at the dealer... any suggestions?

S

smbaranello

wiring disco 1 for standard seven flat

Can anyone tell me how to wire (color on LR to color on standard plug) my LRdisco 1 by cutting out the plug found behind the tail light to the new store bought plug? Please!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV