Remote Key Programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

fdbandit

recently purchased a remote key for my 2000 RR. Anyone know how to program it?
Thank You

A

ayavner

beleive you pretty much gotta take it to the dealer on that one... anyone else know different?

S

SteveA

It is very easy to program the key on a 2000 Range Rover. I am assuming that you have checked the key number on the back of the key. You can only have one of the same number (ie, 1 key that is #1, 1 key that is #2, etc). The keys are numbered to correspond with the seat and mirror memory positions. All you need to do is insert the key in the drivers front door. Depress and hold the lock button on the remote and turn the key in the direction (counterclockwise I think) to lock the door. Hold the key in the rotated position for a count of 2 seconds. Then depress and hold the unlock button and rotate the key to the unlock position in the door lock. Hold in that position for aproximately 2 seconds. This should program the remote. If not there may be underlying issues (duplicate remote numbers, inoperable remote, BeCM communication problems, etc). Hope this helps.

By the way, this should be outlined in the owners manual. The remotes often forget how to work and have to be "re-synchronized". That is all you are doing to get your new remote to work. Hope this helps.

Stephen

R

Russwess

Does this also work for the 1995 RR 4.0SE??? I am curious....

M

missyinbrazil

I was told by the dealer yesterday the way to reprogram the key put the key in the door and turn it to the unlock position and press the unluck button on the remote hold for a second then turn key to lock position and press/hold the unlock button. that simple but they charge over $100 for that. Rip Off!

M

missyinbrazil

oops I forgot to add if that programming doesn't work then the remote must be fixed by the dealer because they have to add an anti-static shield pad over the battery. Don't let them tell you they have to replace the entire key/remote that is a $300 fee!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV