03 Disco II -new A/C compressor- A/C blowing hot air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjwineglass

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a newbie(obviously) and to be honest I didn't feel like sifting through all the threads so here goes:

03 Land Rover Discovery II SE

new a/c compressor, but the a/c is blowing hot air only.
I have put one of those cheapo refrigerants on it from Wal-Mart and the gauge was in the low side of the meter in the GREEN( does that mean there's ZERO pressure?) anyways, I fill it to the BLUE (around 40 psi) and the a/c still doesn't blow cold. after a day the refrigerant is back down to GREEN.

ran the diagnostic and got error codes 21 & 22 which is the sunlight sensor from what I gather..shouldn't really make the a/c not blow cold air though.

I am not leaking coolant at all, and the car does not run hot, the air though the vents blows good...problem is - its hot! :mad:

I am guessing its a leak in the refrigerant line perhaps?

A fuse maybe?

Clutch not engaging? And if its the clutch..where the heck is it...can i see it? is that ON the a/c compressor itself?

will just a flush , dye, refill do the trick?

I know, I know, this has prolly been discussed a zillion times on this site

I just don't want to go into a mechanic and get dragged over the coals price wise...any help would be appreciated!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First welcome to the forum.

Second did you install the compressor and/or why? Also does it have rear A/C as well? Was the engine running with the A/C on when you attempted to fill it?

rjwineglass

Reaction score
Thanks!!

And no, I did not...a shop installed it for me. and yes I had the engine running for about 7-10 minutes with the a/c on max fan and a/c before I used the gauge...ive read about "jumpstarting" the clutch with banana clips and the positive port from the battery to see if its the fuse or not...is this accurate?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV