'03 Rear view mirror removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

PCFrover

Any one know how to remove the rear view mirror on an '03 Disco? I tried pulling down on it and it wouldn't budge. I don't see any screws holding it on either.

Ideas anyone?

Gary.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the same as a D1

PCFrover said:
Any one know how to remove the rear view mirror on an '03 Disco? I tried pulling down on it and it wouldn't budge. I don't see any screws holding it on either.

If it is the same as the Disco 1, you have to remove a plate on the ceiling (maybe where the sunroof switch is if you have one).

Then you can see a bolt holding on the plug of the mirror. Unplug it, and unbolt it. Then you should be able to pull the mirror out from the bottom. Also, the mirror is mounted on the window with a metal bracket. I think you just have to push up. Anyone correct me if I am wrong.

Lastly, make sure to unconnect the battery so you don't blow any fuses

P

PCFrover

It's different.

The DII's are different. My electrical plug is right at the mirror and is easily disconnected. I just can't get the darn miror thing to budge! I am affraid to break it if I apply to much force.

Gary.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72