'06 LR3 Rear suspension lowers overnight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveleuer

Reaction score
The rear end on my '06 LR3 has been lowering overnight. It's not leaning either way, just bottoming out on both sides. It pumps up when I start it and I don't hear the pump running any longer than usual. It takes at least 10 hours to lower. Any ideas on where to start? Valves?, Pump?, Electronics?, Leaky cans?... there has not been any warning indicators regarding the suspension.

Last edited:

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fact that both sides (driver and passenger) of the rear are lowering probably means it is not bad height sensors or leaky cans. It is most likely something upstream. Perhaps the rear valve block?

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mix up some dish soap & water in a spray bottle and start coating the bags, lines, junctions looking for bubbles- it works surprisingly well!

steveleuer

Reaction score
I'll try the soap test. Where is the rear valve block located? Is it electrical?

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My memory is pretty rusty on the details of that system, but I do remember that each bag is controlled by a solenoid (or am I thinking of my wife's Expedition?!) .... anyway, jack the car up, use jack stands capable of handling it's weight & trace the air lines coming out of the bags. It's curious that BOTH rear bags are deflating - make sure it's not just one side "dragging" the other side down with it - that will make diagnosis a bit easier.
Actually.....
Do this first -
1) Park the vehicle at normal ride height, maybe when you've arrived home from work & don't plan to use it again till the next day. Disable the air system (cant remember if it's a switch, fuse, or??)
2) Measure & record height from the concrete to a specific place on all wheel wells - use some masking tape on each fender arch and record each number there so you don't confuse them. They will be different, it's of no consequence at this point.
3) The next day, take the measurements again & compare.

Hopefully this will narrow down your issue & make the "hunt" more fruitful!

Last edited:

lr3some

Reaction score
Im interested to hear how this turns out. I have been noticing that my 05 LR3 sits low in the mornings.

YoungstownLR3

Reaction score
What about if the car has been sitting for 2 or more days? I know a lot of air suspension systems lower by themselves to take some strain off the airbags.

cmostech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same problem after at least 48 hours, i had a warranty and they replaced a couple valves and seemed to fix the problem. The lr3 still lowers if i don't drive it for a week but like youngstownlr3 said I think its just releasing stress.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi