06 RRS Lux Suspension Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

William Huesmann

Reaction score
So...last evening, I was driving my new-to-me 06 RRS Lux N/A and at the restaurant I lowered the truck to "Access Mode" to make it more comfortable for my wife to get out.

After dinner, when I started up the truck, I left it in Park and raised the truck to "Normal" mode. It came up....not quickly but not all that long, either....perhaps 30-40 seconds. I placed it in Drive and departed for home. About 1/4 mile down the road, the little light came on and the dash informed me of "Suspension Fault". It drove and felt normal for the four-mile drive home. I left it in "Normal" mode on shutdown.

This morning, when I started up the truck, the suspension light was now "OFF", It drove normally for the first 1/4 mile or so, but when I stopped to drop off the trash, I could hear what I thought was a compressor running. It shut down shortly after I heard it. Elapsed time was maybe a total of two-three minutes from startup. I left it in "Normal" mode for the drive to the restaurant to meet friends. Then we drove about 10 miles to a store, stopped again, leaving it in "Normal."

We left the grocery and I heard the compressor noise again (very briefly -- 5-7 seconds) and everything seemed normal. When we got home, I drove into the garage and shut down, leaving it in "Normal". I went to the back and opened the rear hatch to retrieve groceries, and as my legs were touching the rear bumper, I felt the truck "settle" just a bit -- at first I wasn't even sure what it was, then it dawned on me. I believe it was just the back, but cannot be sure. The "suspension" light has not come back on -- but I haven't used "Access" mode again, either.

The truck has 109k miles on it and has had good maintenance by the one previous owner. Is there an easy way to troubleshoot this without going to the dealer? I love to do my own maintenance -- does anyone have a clue? Compressor? Leaking lines? Other? Also, if I work under the truck, I'd like to know the "preferred" method of jacking and blocking. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Newbie Bill

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV