09 RRS help with diagnosis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rebe

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have an 09 Range Rover sport, with 89k miles. For the past few months the engine light has been coming on, stays on for 2-3 days and goes off, and comes back on after about a wk. Otherwise driving fine. A few wks ago, there was a screeching sound while I was driving, but couldn't tell where it was coming from. went away after a few minutes. yesterday I was backing up, and for a few seconds there was a grinding noise, for a few seconds. This morning out of no where truck cranked up kind of slow, but no other problems, issues sounds driving to work. after work, truck cranked slow again, and this time the "parking brake fr" light flashed on, followed by the "brake" light. In June my brake pads/sensors were replaced, in the front and back, so I can't believe the brake light is back on. any ideas? Any of these issues related? *sigh*

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Battery may be going bad or the Alternator or both, have them checked.

Rebe

Reaction score
ok, do you know of any way to tell which it may be? like is there a tell to point you in either direction. i ask because a new battery is affordable right now, whereas a new alternator is going to have to wait a few wks. :(

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Just go by your local autoparts store and ask them to test them. They should be able to see if one or the other is bad, it could just be a bad belt or tension adjuster.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72