105k Miles(New Issue)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the way to work today and noticed the AC was not blowing at all. Orange indicators were displayed on AC knob. Rear air blows fine. This occurred on my previous LR3. A replacement of the relay was all that was needed. Normally I’d change this out myself as it’s a simple fix. But..

Truck just turned over to 105k miles. Looked up service intervals and decided to take it to my indy shop here in Orlando. 105k service calls for -

Drive belt(Looks okay)
Spark Plugs
Hoses

Should the transmission, diff, and transfer fluid be looked at? No history of flushing from prior owner.

Input on anything else that should be considered?

Hoses “look” fine but I’m all for preventive maintenance. As for the AC issue I’m hoping It’s not more than a relay(blowers tend to fail), but those aren’t very expensive parts IMO. My warranty covers just about everything BUT AC and a few other small areas. My luck.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any history on the water pump?

mine has similar mileage and next spring I am looking at:

1)Tranny pan swap
2) spark plugs

At about 90k miles I replaced water pump and both drive belts.

I would consider transmission , diffs, transfer case fluids and spark plugs. Look around the water pump shaft for dried coolant.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any history on the water pump?

mine has similar mileage and next spring I am looking at:

1)Tranny pan swap
2) spark plugs

At about 90k miles I replaced water pump and both drive belts.

I would consider transmission , diffs, transfer case fluids and spark plugs. Look around the water pump shaft for dried coolant.

Just reading over this, sorry! What was believed initially to be a $60 relay turned into a $425 blower replacement. $153 parts, $160 labor, $95 diagnostics.

I’ve made an appointment for the 105k service(just rolled over to 106k) to be done after Thanksgiving. Having the transmission pan replaced and refilled with ZF fluid($800). $30qt or so on that stuff. Which is insane IMO. Land Rover Orlando quoted me $1097 for the job so can’t complain on the quote from my indy shop. I’d do it myself if I had an extra set of hands and a lift. Not really wanting to drop the pan in the driveway.

The drive belt looked good. Spark plugs will most likely be changed as well while it’s in for trans work. I’ll look at water pump area tomorrow morning for any dried fluid or signs of needing replaced. Thanks!

johnnwalters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dried fluid will be at the top of the water pump. I had a history of replacing one at about 140,000 mi. As for replacing trans fluid it's your call. But if there's no history of it ever being performed and considering the cost to replace a transmission is more than the engine, I think your buying piece of mind and it certainly won't hurt to do it. Good luck.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Trans, and Diff should be addressed by 75K (if they haven't been done before), I would add this to your list of things to do.
Plugs, belt, brake fluid, and coolant should all be done at the 100K service.
Also when doing the tranny service, do the ZF filter conversion, it will save the Indy about an hour worth of work, and make any future service much easier, and reduce service time to about 2hrs.

For these to maintain logevity, you need to halve the LR recommend service intervals.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the water pump any different now? (such as updated or fixed parts?)

I have my stock water pump on my 2013, and I keep hearing about this issue, but im wondering if they fixed the issue with updated parts or if its just replacing with the exact same parts. I don't want to do the job preventatively if its the same parts, I'll just watch my coolant like a hawk.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the water pump any different now? (such as updated or fixed parts?)

I have my stock water pump on my 2013, and I keep hearing about this issue, but im wondering if they fixed the issue with updated parts or if its just replacing with the exact same parts. I don't want to do the job preventatively if its the same parts, I'll just watch my coolant like a hawk.

I'm in the same boat. I can't locate any records that would tell me if the water pump on my new-to-me 2013 was ever serviced or replaced by the previous owner. I don't know enough about it to look for telltale signs of a swap. I have about a month of warranty coverage left and at the last dealer visit I asked them to inspect the pump. I got a glossed-over reply when they delivered the vehicle to me so I'm going to continue to press that issue. That said, I looked at my cold coolant level last night and it was right at the top of the fill range indicators.

My dealer seems to leap at the chance to do warranty work. They have proactively done free battery replacements for me a couple of times. I asked them about the oxidation on my front windshield cowl and they replaced it without batting an eye. I'm also waiting for an A-Pillar trim piece because the current one squeaks ever so slightly when I close the driver's door. I would think they would dive in feet first if they had a chance to replace my water pump...

wthammett

Reaction score
ncburch - my indy guy here in San Diego just quoted $700 for the transmission service so I think we are in the same ballpark area for sure. I will look into the aftermarket (European web site?) tranny pan that will make it a DIY job versus the $700 job, but who knows, I might get lazy and just let them do this one time job.

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ncburch - my indy guy here in San Diego just quoted $700 for the transmission service so I think we are in the same ballpark area for sure. I will look into the aftermarket (European web site?) tranny pan that will make it a DIY job versus the $700 job, but who knows, I might get lazy and just let them do this one time job.

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/ATFCKWFL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi