105k Miles(New Issue)

Discussion in 'LR4' started by ncburch22, Nov 13, 2017 at 2:55 PM.

1. ncburch22

ncburch22 Full Access Member

On the way to work today and noticed the AC was not blowing at all. Orange indicators were displayed on AC knob. Rear air blows fine. This occurred on my previous LR3. A replacement of the relay was all that was needed. Normally I’d change this out myself as it’s a simple fix. But..

Truck just turned over to 105k miles. Looked up service intervals and decided to take it to my indy shop here in Orlando. 105k service calls for -

Drive belt(Looks okay)
    Spark Plugs
    Hoses

Should the transmission, diff, and transfer fluid be looked at? No history of flushing from prior owner.

Input on anything else that should be considered?

Hoses “look” fine but I’m all for preventive maintenance. As for the AC issue I’m hoping It’s not more than a relay(blowers tend to fail), but those aren’t very expensive parts IMO. My warranty covers just about everything BUT AC and a few other small areas. My luck.

2. ktm525

ktm525 Full Access Member

Any history on the water pump?

mine has similar mileage and next spring I am looking at:

1)Tranny pan swap
    2) spark plugs

At about 90k miles I replaced water pump and both drive belts.

I would consider transmission , diffs, transfer case fluids and spark plugs. Look around the water pump shaft for dried coolant.

ncburch22 likes this.
  3. ncburch22

ncburch22 Full Access Member

Just reading over this, sorry! What was believed initially to be a $60 relay turned into a $425 blower replacement. $153 parts, $160 labor, $95 diagnostics.

I’ve made an appointment for the 105k service(just rolled over to 106k) to be done after Thanksgiving. Having the transmission pan replaced and refilled with ZF fluid($800). $30qt or so on that stuff. Which is insane IMO. Land Rover Orlando quoted me $1097 for the job so can’t complain on the quote from my indy shop. I’d do it myself if I had an extra set of hands and a lift. Not really wanting to drop the pan in the driveway.

The drive belt looked good. Spark plugs will most likely be changed as well while it’s in for trans work. I’ll look at water pump area tomorrow morning for any dried fluid or signs of needing replaced. Thanks!