1973 series three (Green)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

Paul

Hi how can I find out the exact colour of my 1973 series three landrover.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a pic? Someone might be willing to make an educated guess.

It seems like there's a website out there with color catalogues of factory paint for most models/years. Lemme see if I can find it...nope, it was www.paintscratch.com and they don't have 1973 factory paint. Hmmmm...aren't there paint codes on i.d. plates on the body of the vehicle? Like, inside the door frames, or under the bonnet, or something?

G

GreenKnight

You looking for paint- me for Biodiesel info

I have a 1972 registered series 3- and not being a purist bought some Hammerite metal paint (green, 'natch!) to use when I feel like doing a piant job-0 the bodywork is really very good- just faded in paint colour.
But I joined this forum to find out some info on biodiesel to redice my runnng costs and benefit the environment.

I cannot afford any installing 2 tanks, one for starting and one for alternative fuel- so guess i should be looking to discover how much mix of diesel with vegetable oil Fresh or recycled chip fryer fat) I can use with her- 4 cyclinder, 2.25 ltr, I think), and if I need to thin the oil with a little white spirit or tupentine, and if so in exactly what reation.

I already know she will tolerate a moderate proprtion of unleaded petrol, so am hopeful- just really want to hear from owners who themselves have some specific knowledge and experience of this biodiesel.

T

tuko

Here is a list of the available colors for the Series Land Rover ::

Pastel Green RTC4041A
Bronze Green RTC4042A
Marine Blue RTC4043A
Limestone RTC4044A
Poppy Red
Sand
Mid grey
Burnt grey
Davos white
Mexican brown
Cameron green
Almond yellow
Sandglow "Camel Yellow"
Artic White

Hope this helps the original post. The colours, I think you'll be interested in, are the first two.

Todd.

C

cowboycammo

my vehicle is tagged "sahara dust" in colour...this is a beige colour, probably not dissimilar to "sand" is this because I am in Australia, or is sahara dust a name tag added sometime between 1973 - 1982 ?? not vital, just a point of interest.

thanks
over n out
cammo

T

tuko

"Sahara Dust" is a color that, I believe was introduced in the later parts of the 70's into the early 80's. wasn't very popular, but nice.

Todd.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV