1994 Discovery 1 won't start after head gasket replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phil Parker

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Well, this has myself and my son in-law (an ASC mechanic) scratching out heads.

We drove my Disco1 into the garage and over the past month replaced the head gaskets. Remember, it started when we started the project.

Now after a month, the car was done and we went to start it. It cranks, but will not fire.

We have checked for fuel and spark and we have both. This 1994 model Disco1 with the 3.9L with auto does not have a Crank Position Sensor and the Ignition Amplifier Module had already been located.

Do any of you folks have an idea as to why we can't get it to start? We could really use some fresh ideas!

Thanks!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Possible alarm issues. Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key(drivers door) or remote 4 times

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if your 94 has the spider system in it or not, I would verify. Google Land Rover Spider and you should find the fun of the alarm system.

evansjoem

Reaction score
Not sure if your 94 has the spider system in it or not, I would verify. Google Land Rover Spider and you should find the fun of the alarm system.
Inertia switch on firewall on pass side push the Top down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aldoabastta

Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing, check your Inertia Switch.

Also, did you guys make sure to disconnect the battery before working on it? You may have shorted something and blown a fuse?

Does the engine turn or not even turn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV