2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 92k miles Check Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitepr

Reaction score
Where do I find the front 02 sensor? I can see the one after the exhaust.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you can see the Cats... the front 2 O2 sensors are just ahead of them. One on each side.

umoms

Reaction score
Ok I replaced the Front Drivers Side O2 sensor and it cleared the codes for a few weeks and now I get these codes.

p1300
catalyst damaging misfire multiple cylinders drive cycle. Signal out of range.

p0308
cylinder 8 misfire detected

p0305
cylinder 5 misfire detected

p0300
random misfire detected

p0308
cylinder 8 misfire detected

Any suggestions now?

Disco Squared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO-- pull the spark plugs out of number 5 and 8 cylinders and look for carbon fouling. If there's evidence of carbon buildup I would start with the basics, it may be time for a plug and wire change along with a Seafoam treatment down the intake to clear things up. It would not hurt to add a bottle to the gas tank too, fuel injectors may be dirty.

umoms

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but whats a seafoam treatment?

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but whats a seafoam treatment?

Hello umoms:

On old tired engines, or engines that consume oil to a large or small degree due to wear or design issues, carbon fouling, or deposits will collect behind the face of the exhaust system, valves, and combustion areas. Sometimes even eventually plugging up the catalyst. Seafoam is a mineral product of crude oil and helps break down the carbon fouling so valves and rings seat better, move more freely.

Hope this helps………….. Chongo
:bandit:

umoms

Reaction score
just my luck..... the check engine light went off 2 minutes before I was gonna drop it off to my mechanic..... I am thinking the extremely below zero weather may have caused the check engine light to come on?

Is it normal for the check engine light to just turn off on its own after getting codes like that?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Check engine light will go off on its own if after so many cycles no codes have reoccurred. Not sure exactly how the cycles work, but I know it does.

umoms

Reaction score
so this is a good thing for me then? I guess I dont need change the wires and plugs yet?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi