2004 Disco SE vs. Chevy Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

GadgetRick

Air Suspension

Ah, I'll have to check to see if the one I'm looking at has it. Would this be something you all would NEED to have rather than it being a nice to have?

The Rickster

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more thing to malfunction and/or break, IMHO

G

GadgetRick

Well...

You talked me down sufficiently. I should be picking up my new Gold 2004 Disco SE tonight. :)

I had to talk the wife into the gold but she'll live with it. Besides, it's gonna be my vehicle now anyway. :) She wanted the black but I had a black truck once. Can't keep 'em clean and they show EVERY scratch. Since I actually plan on going offroad with this one I'd rather not have to worry so much about scratches!

Also, it had the black interior. Just too dark for my taste. I think the Gold looks much more classy. The black accents on the body look good with the gold. I also think the interior looks great with the alpaca and black piping.

They also have silver. For some reason, I don't think the Disco looks as good in silver. Besides, the Freelander is silver and my Saab 9-5 is also silver. I think that's enough silver for now. :)

Anyway, I'm excited about it. Certainly mroe excited than I would have been had I made the mistake of deciding on the Tahoe. I've just always loved the look of the Disco and I know of its offroad prowess. I figure it'll certainly get me through the snow storms I invariably must drive through while doing Ski Patrol in upstate NY.

So, thanks again for talking me down (or letting me talk myself down). I'm a better man for it.

The Rickster

G

GadgetRick

New baby

Well, I picked up my new baby earlier! Looks great! I'll post pics once I get a chance to take some.

The Rickster

B

bmk007

Thoughts on your Disco

Rick-

Thanks for all of your informative posts about your Disco buying decision. I am considering the purchase of a 2004 Discovery II SE7 myself. I am also looking at a 2002 Range Rover.

Now that you've had your Disco for a few months, how do you like it? Do you think you made the right decision?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi