2006 LR3 HSE Satellite XM radio capabilities?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5crows

Reaction score
Hi after buying the LR3, I read the owner manual and it appeared it supported Satellite XM radio. It had Sat1 and Sat2 configuration screens on the Small center Mode screen and showed some form of garbled ID, maybe prefixed with Sirius ID or something like HSN.

Called Sirius with my VIN and they said it doesn't show up. Anybody know anything about whether there is a Radio unit in 2006 LR3 and where to find it? LR3 has a Shark fin on top rear over hatch. Don't see any radio looking unit looking in side cargo storage area's. Although there is something there on rear driver side unit.

Book and config screens and contact Sirius phone number, make it seem it should have Sirius support. ID number provided looks weird, a combination of upper and lower case letters and some numbers.

I wanted to transfer my Chrysler T&C satellite contract over to LR3, but looks like a no go.

Anybody using portable Satellite radio in LR's? Hoped to use the integrated radio if I could verify it's presence. and get valid Sirius ID.

Redinak

Reaction score
You have to go through the menu on the stereo to get to the Radios satellite EIN number

5crows

Reaction score
I did that, but the number was weird looking upper and lower case with numbers and special characters, like it was overlaid in memory. I called Sirius with it and my VIN and they said the car did not have a radio... based on VIN. I went back to look at the EIN again and it had changed. Is this a dealership issue and maybe new software needed?

djatkinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also curious about this thread; I have the same year and model as you. I didn't know that these were XM-compatible. As a work-around, I had XM installed external to the dashboard. I would change it promptly if I could.

Crosboro

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 2010 LR2. The radio screen showed the Sirius/XM logo, but when I called them, they said there was no record of it being activated, and no idea what the ID was. The local dealer said it did not come with sat radio, which I did not believe. So, I installed an after market radio, but was still bugged by the logo. I finally found out that the module was in the rear cargo area, under the molded plastic on the driver side. Went to a local independent LR shop, they pulled the panel, and there it was. Got the ID, called Sirius/XM, and got it working. I do not recall how I found out where it was--might have contacted Land Rover and asked where it would be. Hope this works for you.
BTW, I tried initially to scroll thru the radio menu, but that did not work.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The link below has a bit of commentary re getting Sirius to work in a 2008 LR3.

For 2005, there is no Sirius setup period, but for 2006, that may be different, particularly given your sharks-fin.

Also what does seem to be common to the discussion is the requirement to go into your CCF and activate the Sirius software bits. For that you need access to either a FaultMate or IID software reader and loader.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/sirius-radio-76626.html?highlight=sirius+lr3

rally3

Reaction score
The Sirius radio module will be behind the right rear load space side trim (should be next to the bluetooth module.) the shark fin means nothing as it houses several antennas (gps/cell phone dock and sat radio) the fact that it says sat1/sat 2 means it is fitted. there was a lot of issues with old generation modules failing/locking up after a big sirius update a few years ago, (I replaced a lot under warranty). if yours is corrupted a used one will work. As for retro fit, as long as you have the MOST (fiber optic audio system) it is plug and play as far as adding power/ground/antenna and looping into fiber optic system. getting the fiber optic cable might be tricky

Hope this helps
Aidan

5crows

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input and information. It's below zero today, but when it warms up a bit, I'll start looking for the radio! Let the adventure begin!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72