2006 Range Rover Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sheila

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a 2006 SuperCharge with 170,046 Miles on it. Is that too many miles for this
vehicle? What is the range on mileage, if well maintained?

Lakeranger

Reaction score
I have a 2007 SC with over 175,000 miles and the engine is running strong BUT this vehicle is complex with many independent and interdependent systems that can and will fail. My air suspension compressor has failed twice within the last 3 years at almost $1000 each. Hopefully the air suspension struts have been replaced, if not expect them to fail soon. The tire pressure management system is also about at its life expectancy. The infotainment system, which is the integrated entertainment, navigation and overall vehicle systems monitor is troublesome and needs to be rebooted on frequent occasions (by pulling and reinserting a fuse). The sunroof has problems leaking, particularly onto the infotainment system modules and into the spare tire compartment. Overall the Range Rover is a great vehicle when running smoothly but expect expensive failures.

200KP38

Reaction score
I currently own a 2008 RR (non-supercharged) with approximately 175k miles. Similar to Lakeranger, I've had numerous replacements over the years to keep it in good running condition. My experience with owning 4 LR's to date suggests buying new/nearly new and being pro-active on maintenance can allow you to drive them well into 200k miles. However, buying an existing vehicle with 175k would give me pause. At a minimum, I'd want to have access to the service records to see what has, or has not been replaced and maintained. If there are mechanical issues with the Electronic Air Suspension (EAS) you will be into several thousand dollars or repairs. On the other hand, if you get it for the right price, and it's not going to be a primary (daily driver) vehicle, it could be worth the risk. In general, I would be cautious.

blainerides

Reaction score
I'd want to have access to the service records to see what has, or has not been replaced and maintained. If there are mechanical issues with the Electronic Air Suspension (EAS) you will be into several thousand dollars or repairs. On the other hand, if you get it for the right price, and it's not going to be a primary (daily driver) vehicle, it could be worth the risk. In general, I would be cautious.

To the OP, I agree with 200KP38. At a minimum, I would definitely ask for service records and then get back to us on what has been done. Just give us a quick rundown, if you're still in the market for that thing. Were diff and tranny oil changes done, in the last 80k (jesus, at bare minimum)? What is the status of the injectors, throttle body, spark plugs, etc? I've HAPPILY dumped thousands of dollars into both reactively and proactively maintaining our 2006 4.4L (non-supercharged) RR and we LOVE it. It's never once left us stranded. Not in the sand dunes, not in the mountains, not on 405. Even when airbags have died (2 now, each on different occasions), we were still able to get to our destination/shop (BTW, go to LaMorna Garage on Aurora) for reasonably priced repairs; it's been a very reliable 61,000 miles that we've put on it in the last 3.5 years (currently at 138,000 and bought it used in 2014 at 77,0000 miles).

duluth

Reaction score
I have a 2008 non SC and will say the post are right on the money. If the air struts have not been replaced, it will happen and if they have expect 80-100k each time for a breakdown. We had both replaced at 90 and 95k. If the car needs work go to a qualified RR repair location, I had work done on the integrated nav, CD and Video system and an experience car stereo place almost destroyed the system and had to go to the dealer to get it repaired ($1,000) mistake. We have 135k and the car is strong and runs like new. One item I found was to make sure you use the proper size tires as the RR will ride smoother than if you try to go to a larger size. I went with the Bridgestone tires that have an 80k warranty and have almost 40k on them and they show little wear, and Costco will rotate them every 7k miles I think, they place a sticker on the window and I just take it in and get the pressure checked and they inflate with (nitrogen?) which is suppose to be better. Everything still works except the main tire pressure sensor which we decided not to replace, have dealt with it for 5 years and it is what it is. We liked this RR so much, we got us a 2018 which my wife drives now. Plan to keep this one for a while since it does pretty good on MPG average at 17.5 to 18.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I just take it in and get the pressure checked and they inflate with (nitrogen?) which is suppose to be better."

Considering dry air contains a tad over 78% nitrogen gas Cosco must be making a bundle off the general not knowing public.
Can you feel the 21% nitrogen ratio difference?
Commercial aircraft yes being a more stable gas operating from sea level to upstairs over 34,000'.
I have never seen a LR that climbs out to a 34,000' cruise altitude.
Like rotating all tyres every time you drive.
Yup that kind of a monday night.