2007 LR3 HSE garage door programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAJOD

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2007 HSE which has a mirror with 3 buttons on the lower left side.

The dealer gave us a 2006 manual and said they all the same from 2006-2009.

That may be the case but the mirror in the manual is a 5 button and no mention of a 3 button mirror was given.

I tried a few things and all failed.

I began pressing the learn button on our opener. (BTW works fine with out Honda Van)

1. Pressed button 1 for 30 seconds - nope
2. Pressed button 1 three times with a two blink gap between presses
3. Pressed button 1 two times with two blink gap.

Did same with other three buttons.

I have no clue what I am doing wrong here. Anyone?

Trynian

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2007 HSE which has a mirror with 3 buttons on the lower left side.

The dealer gave us a 2006 manual and said they all the same from 2006-2009.

That may be the case but the mirror in the manual is a 5 button and no mention of a 3 button mirror was given.

I tried a few things and all failed.

I began pressing the learn button on our opener. (BTW works fine with out Honda Van)

1. Pressed button 1 for 30 seconds - nope
2. Pressed button 1 three times with a two blink gap between presses
3. Pressed button 1 two times with two blink gap.

Did same with other three buttons.

I have no clue what I am doing wrong here. Anyone?

What kind of door opener do you have? I bought a new house and the process was different on the new house from the old house with an older door opener. I found the info in the garage door manual for homelink programing which is what the lr3 has.

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Honda may have a newer version of Homelink (or another system entirely) that allows it to learn rolling codes easier.

On this Homelink system do this...

Press and hold buttons 1 and 3 for about 30 seconds, this will delete anything already in there.

Then press and hold the garage door opener and whatever Homelink button you would like, watch the red LED while you do this, once it begins to flash rapidly you can let go of both.

Now go into your garage and press the learn button on the opener. Then press the Homelink button in the LR3 and press the programmed button twice, for a full second each time, with about 2 seconds in between presses. If it doesn't work after the second press, press it a third time.

It should then work properly.

RAJOD

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, btw mine has green lights not red. But that was not the issue.

I think I figured it out.

The Garage door uses some new encryption that is not compatible with some cars. My luck the Honda since newer works but the LR3 does not. I have to buy some kind of trans-coder that converts the old system to new. Basically a new remote and hardware for the garage door.

Lots of people that purchased a Liftmaster 8000 series openers were livid over this. They should have just put a backward compatible mode (maybe less secure) in it and let the user decide. Then it would work with all cars. Poor engineering by liftmaster.

RAJOD

Reaction score
Well its been awhile. I gave up on the LR3 and garage doors. We moved to new house and I decided to try it again. Its WORKS!

With newer openers its a 2 step process. For what ever reason I either skipped that step or did not hold buttons long enough. I just quit and used the remote that came with the opener.

1. Train old remote to LR3s button
2. Press garage door opener learn button (need a ladder or chair to reach). Then get back in the LR3 with ignition on and press the previously programmed key 2 Times. I think I had to press it 3 times before it worked. I pressed for 3 seconds released, then pressed for 3 seconds then released then on 3rd press the garage door opened.

Pain in ars but works now.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the garage door manufacturer, and they sent me one for free. It's just a box that you plug in. Your LR links to it, it links to the garage door opener. No new remotes required.

In my case it was a new Chamberlain garage opener that I bought last year. My wife's car connected fine. The LR3 did not.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi