2008 LR3 Top rear hatch is half jammed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calidreaming

Reaction score
Ok. I have been reading over the many topics regarding this as well as the fixes.
Here is what happened:

- after opening the rear top hatch, I reached to put something inside and accidently, the hatch closed. The right side of the top hatch locked tight , while the left side did not lock.

1- the outside button seems to work but doesnt release the top hatch.
2- I cant close the left side tight
3- I tried the hold the two lock buttons down inside with some one pulling on the hatch on the outside- that did not work.
4- I looked over the topics and you tube and went inside the car ,got the carpet down off the bottom door and cut a hole in the water tight stuff and was able to slide the actuator to the left (after awhile) which made a noise click but did not open the top hatch either.

which leads me to the conclusion that the top hatch is :
1-Jammed somehow
2- the actuator cable is off(I felt it)
3- I am screwed.

Over the past couple months the top hydraulic lifts that hold the top hatch open, have weaken and dont really hold it open much anymore.
and the bottom gateyou would have to push it in first a little , then pull to have it open.

so any suggestions without having to go to the dealer here in San Diego?

thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slack