2008 range Rover electric fire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dazzo69

Reaction score
Well. I loved my truck. It had 80000 miles. I ordered led replacement lamps online for this truck specifically through Amazon. A week later I saw smoke and flames coming from passenger side compartment. I pulled cover off and wiring harness as well as circuit board were in fire. I was told this was the light sending harness's and circuit board. I couldn't believe it. I only changed a few lamps inside the truck. This happened as I was driving. The truck is beyond repair because if cost to repair. I was able to put fire out but too late. Any thoughts on why this happened?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the issue. If you can prove the issue was the LED then you can go against them for the issue.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you provide the amazon item/link so we can make people aware of the potential danger?

Dazzo69

Reaction score
Screenshot_20170413-115937.png
Screenshot_20170413-115937.png

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am very curious about what could have caused the fire. Led bulbs should draw less current unless it shorted somehow. Less heat overall.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang, that is bad.

C L Silverwood

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum. I was so shocked to read about your fire. I have a Range Rover 2008 that has been a challenge from day one. I cannot offer any real help as to the cause, but from my experience with RR and other vehicles component failure is a possibility. Maybe a former owner had replaced the correct fuse for that circuit with something far too large, the LED driver fails the fuse does not blow. The other possibility is failure of an after market accessory you knew nothing about. My RR had a satellite immobiliser fitted by a previous owner it failed and was draining the battery overnight. Whenever you have current you have heat if any liquid ran over the fuse board the same thing would happen, I lost an Iveco van to that problem. Not much consolation I know but I hope you find a satisfactory solution to your dilemma.

Dazzo69

Reaction score
Thanks. It's all good assumptions. But the led lights were installed a few days before incident. Truck never gave me a problem. I'd love to get another but I got burnt once lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72