2012 Range Rover ride feels loose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My RR feels very loose and although I understand it is a big vehicle, going over potholes or just cornering, I feel like the car sways and moves a bit too much. I just replaced the front EAS with new units since it was leaking but do I need to worry about the bushings already deteriorating? It only has around 48k miles on it.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Feeling loose can be bushings, can be ride settings, and it can be tires. The full sized RR is designed for comfort so it should almost float over potholes and such.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The previous owner had on 22" on the rig so it may be the tires causing the bad ride but new RR is on 22" too and it rides pretty damn solid. Is there a way to check if the bushings need replacing? And where would I even start?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if they are using rubber or poly bushings on the new rovers (I haven't changed any) If poly they should be good, either way, you sadly would almost have to remove one to check them. I would get it on a left and move the suspension around and see if you feel or hear anything that isn't right.

RiseUpSoundDesign

Reaction score
My setup felt loose after adding some weight in the rear (Heavy Subwoofers & Batteries) but the service manager suggested I change my tire pressures--& bingo--Problem Solved!

spawnywhippet

Reaction score
Mine also felt loose when I bought it (2012 LR4 HSE), I inspected it and found the wheel alignment shop had not fully tightened one of the rear bolts and the whole assembly was moving under acceleration or braking, causing the car to steer at the rear.

I tightened it, took it back for alignment and it has been fine ever since. I don't use that alignment shop any more.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV