2012 RRS supercharged oil recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wyrover

Reaction score
We just purchased a supercharged 2012 RRS. It calls for a 5w-20 oil. What is the best oil to use in these vehicles? Is Castrol the best choice?

GBRover

Reaction score
I have an additional question..... what is the actual recommended frequency of oil changes. Because the engines are supercharged, does it require more frequent changes?
The manual says one thing, but I wonder what is actually best for the vehicle. I have a 2017 RRS and plan to keep it awhile.
Thanks....

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I know the manual in my Jaguar Supercharged says 15k miles... I change the oil once a year or every 5k. If you plan to keep it and like your engine, change every 5k.

wyrover

Reaction score
I can't find any oils that meet the
Ford WSS M2C925-A requirements.
Any suggestions?

Adam Sch

Reaction score
When it comes to oil brands and types, you get what you pay for. As long as you purchase a quality brand you will be fine. If your looking to see if Castrol is better than Pennzoil or Mobil 1 or etc. then your not really going to see any difference. But if your comparing full synthetic to blend to traditional motor oil that's where you will see the difference.

I started putting Full Synthetic in my 02 Silverado when I bought it at 35,000 miles. At 214,000 miles I had the heads replaced due to a coolant leak. At that time the mechanic gave the engine an inspection to see if it was is good shape or if I was wasting money on heads. They thought the engine was is great shape and well worth replacing the heads and not the whole motor.

Here are some good read for you.

https://mobiloil.com/en/article/car...r-oil-facts/synthetic-oil-vs-conventional-oil

https://team.valvoline.com/diy/product-tools/synthetic-vs-conventional-oil

wyrover

Reaction score
I read through the article and it doesn't seem to state that the WSS-M2C945-A does in fact replace the 925-A. I called Ford and asked them to look on a bottle of 5W-20 full synthetic and it didn't mention the WSS-M2C925-A spec.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am fairly certain any current 5W20 Full Synthetic extended change interval oil will meet or exceed the original spec.

This line was in the article if you trust Brad B:

"Brad B :
To answer your question WSS-M2C945-A does replace WSS-M2C925-A. Being WSS-M2C945-A supercedes WSS-M2C925-A it will meet or beat the specifications for your needs."

wyrover

Reaction score
Brad never states there is a document stating the 945 supercedes the 925 spec.
Brad B :
Do not have a paper stating that it is superceded. If you look at the new motorcraft 5w-20 it says it meets WSS-M2C925-A specs. The new oil is WSS-M2C945-A.

JACUSTOMER-h31efizm- :
When you say look at the Motorcraft 5w/20 and it say that it meets WSS-M2C925-A and now meets WSS-M2C945-A where does it say that I look at the Ford Motorcraft spec sheet and it states that it meets the WSS-M2C945-A, but no where does it say it met the WSS-M2C925-A spec. I am being told that the WSS-M2C925-A spec is different and still a good spec and hard to match with other oils. Need something that will answer this question.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA