2013 Analog Clock - Service Action

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How'd they do that? A number of recently built MY2013s were fitted with an "incorrect analogue clock" (a Chinese knockoff, I imagine? :biggrin:) that apparently keeps awful time... Land Rover has issued a Service Action. If you own a 2013, are within the stated VIN range and your analog clock shows an incorrect time that doesn't match the digital version in the instrument cluster, your dealer should automatically switch clock at your next service appointment.

Link: https://www.box.com/files/0/f/651893025/1/f_8843885377

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Umberto!

I haven't noticed my analog clock being different than my digital clock, but haven't really paid attention. I will take a look and see if my VIN is included.

I am not sure if you saw my other post about the lack of antennae on my truck, do you know if that's because I did not get SAT radio? If anyone knows, it's you! :)

-David

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a clue. They must have started using a flush design antenna very recently, perhaps on models fitted with just navigation as you suspect. I have SAT/HD radio as well with the big "pod", but even base models are shown all over LRNA's site and press releases with that dome thingie on the roof. It's be nice to have an inch or two of extra overhead clearance - that pod is a fairly bulky superstructure - so as long as your satnav works, that's a good change. :wink:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a clue. They must have started using a flush design antenna very recently, perhaps on models fitted with just navigation as you suspect. I have SAT/HD radio as well with the big "pod", but even base models are shown all over LRNA's site and press releases with that dome thingie on the roof. It's be nice to have an inch or two of extra overhead clearance - that pod is a fairly bulky superstructure - so as long as your satnav works, that's a good change. :wink:
Thanks, Umberto.

The satellite navigation definitely works well - used it this weekend. Such a great improvement over my 2011 LR4. Hmmm, I guess it must be a new flush design. I will have to keep an eye out and see if I see any other LR4s without the bigger antennae.

-David

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the UK they've been using a "flat" antenna in lieu of the pod we get in the US for 2012+ vehicles not supplied with DAB (I think it's the Euro version of HD radio), so perhaps they are using the same design in North America as well now, for vehicles not fitted with Sirius or HD radio. Probably saves them 50 cents per car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA