2013???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on 2013 LR4 packages and prices? I am all set to buy a new one, but dealer does not even have such information.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked my 2012 up on October 29th last year. It arrived at the dealer a little over a week before I got it. Based on that timing, I would have to believe that 2013s are already being produced in Solihull. Either LR desperately wants to control the flow of information or the dealer is trying to move 2011s. Either way, this close to an expected arrival, it doesn't really add up.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to order my new 2013 LR4 since mid-August (looking for a HSE LUX with rear lockers, impossible to find a 2012 so equipped anywhere in the Western US), dealer was unable to place an order for 2013s as they could only order 2012s at that time. I decided to wait for 2013 specs to come out. Back then they told me they would have info and be able to place my order around mid-September, which is basically now... I'll check and see if they have any new info, but I very much doubt it, dealers are notoriously clueless. We usually find out about this stuff online weeks before they do.

My guess is that Land Rover does not want to steal any of the spotlight from the new Range Rover they are in the midst of revealing around the world, so announcements about specs and availability of the 2013 LR4 are probably in the backburner for a few days/weeks longer.

Edit: Dealer (LR Encino, CA) has no new information as of today, still waiting... As expected.

Last edited:

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Land Rover USA today...they do not expect any info until mid october! UGH!

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umbertob, I am in the exact same boat, and have been trying to place an order for the same spec as yours since last couple of months and decided to wait for the 13. And guess what, I have been talking to Encino myself but quite frankly have not been super impressed with their response so far. How do you like this dealership? If you are happy with them, and If you dont mind maybe you could tell me the name of the person you are dealing with there. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, they probably are not that impressive with their responses because... they don't know squat about MY13s. :wink: I deal with Mary Ann, all I can say is that she replies to my emails promptly, and that's all I ask for now. I could have gone to any dealer to special order a vehicle from the UK, but I didn't have a pleasant experience at Pasadena where I purchased my current Range Rover Sport a few years ago, don't want to give them any more of my money there. Mary Ann gave me a bit of a bigger break on the selling price than other dealers, and Encino is not terribly far from my house, so...

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks umbertop. No knowledge about MY13 is understandable and i am not bothered by that. They could only know what they are told by the manufacturer. i was talking about their lack of promptness and no replies to emails or phone calls (meanwhile i keep getting automatic emails from them). The sales guide i started talking to left the dealership without any follow up. When i didnt hear from them for a while, i called back and started talking to another person, didnt hear back for a while, turns out, they left too (with no follow up). Started talking to the third guy (who is very rushed and rude) and he transfer my call to manager who apologizes and promises to call me back. No call back at all. I call back, another manager gets the call, promises me that he would have the first manager call me back. No calls yet, and i am not keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for giving me the name of your point person there. I will try to give this dealership one last shot. Thanks once again.

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Embargo on MY13s has been lifted, dealers should be able to order them as of today. Production apparently won't start until early December for NAS models, so say goodbye to your 2012 tax deduction... :hello: Only very minor trim changes (new 7-spoke 19" wheel style standard on HSE, little else) from the preliminary info I got.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV