2014 LR4 Remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nigelrover

Reaction score
Hello fellow LR4 owners. I recently purchased a pre-owned 2014 LR4 which came with only one remote/key. I would like to have a second remote in case something should happen to the original one. I have seen used remotes for sale on ebay for much less than the dealer will charge for a new one. My question is: Is it possible to purchase a used remote and have it programmed to work with my car? If so, can I do so myself or does the dealer have to program it? Does the remote have to operate at a certain frequency to work? I have seen them advertised as operating at a given frequency such as 315 mHz. I know that I would have to purchase a blank manual key and have it specially cut for my car, but those are available as well. Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide me.

equilibrium

Reaction score
Yes you can reprogram a used remote but you need to have a diagnostic tool e.g. iidtool to do that. Also any mechanic with a Land Rover diagnostic tool can do it.

The 315 frequency is for US specifications and 434 is European.

nigelrover

Reaction score
Thanks, Eqilibrium. I was hoping that would be the case. Thanks for the frequency info, as well. Now I just need to buy a used remote/key.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a new key and remote for my 06 LR3 from our local LR dealer which was way over $200, I don't remember exactly and they wanted another $100 plus to program so I have a Black Box Nanocom and was able to program it myself. The Nanocom has been well worth the original cost.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid a little over $100 for a brand new oem key from ebay, from a UK based outfit, Used my IID Tool to program it. Super simple. I'd recommend that route. No reason to spend twice as much at a dealer and then have them program it. Takes 30 seconds to add a key with an IID tool.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV