2016 Discovery Sport windows opened and weird light blinking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael 71

Reaction score
I had returned to my car and was surprised that all the windows were open. I had thought maybe I had pressed the unlock door button too long. I was able to retrieve the security camera of my vehicle 1 hour prior to getting to my car. There was a 30sec random light blinking and my windows opening on it's own. anybody know what this is about? My scheduled dealer appointment is in a month.

Michael 71

Reaction score
Got the car back from the dealer, and they said that they ran the car under water spray for a few hours. I don't know why they needed to spray the car, maybe they were thinking it was some sort of electrical issue. I don't remember it raining, but there was snow that was melting away as the days progressed. They saw my video and they said that they did not have any idea what the problem was. They said that they hope that the update programming will remedy the issue. At this time, I'm just more curious why this happened. I concluded to return the car at the lease end and upgrade to the Velar.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, that is super weird.

I had a 2008 Mini Cooper that I found in the morning with the two front windows open about 2 inches and the dealer said oh that is normal, just reset them by opening and holding the button for 2 additional seconds, then closing them and holding for an addition 2 seconds... *** this was normal that the dealer knew over the phone to tell me how to fix the issue?

Personally if it had been raining or snowing how would they have handled the same issue? Sadly tech (I am a tech guy) at times makes me want to start driving my old 1951 Ford F2 Pickup more. At least I know when I hand crank the window it will stay.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A mod should move this to where more people w similar vehicle will see it.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
@jwest where would you suggest I move or copy this to?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a trick question but you darn well know the 2016 Discovery doesn’t belong in this section with Disco I & II ;)

There is a section for discovery 5 where other people may actually have a similar issue. Might as well post about the Discovery channel, it’s just about as relevant LOL

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
@jwest I do agree, but since we don't have a discovery sport section... it also doesn't really fit.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s almost the same technology as the disco 5. Disco 1/2 similar enough, lr3/4, disco 5/sport. Simple to me.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
@jwest I thought the Disco Sport was more of the LR2 generation. I will move it to the Newest Rover section and wait for the complaining to being.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA