2016 LR4 and Liftmaster garage + slide gate opener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LocoRover

Reaction score
Hi,
I know this topic has been covered, but this is a specific issue.
I can’t get the homelink buttons to respond to anything.
Done everything the manual says. The manual says to reset “hold buttons 1 & 3 for 10 secs until slow blink”
I do this, light stays solid.
manual says “don’t hold for 20 secs”
WHY? What happens after 20?
I held 1&3 for 20secs... light blinks fast.

Anyway, I hold remote 2in and do simultaneous press, only slow blink... nothing.

I’ve pressed the yellow “learn button” on garage opener... then the homelink button... nothing.

I’ve done everything the manual says, and everything every thread on this site says.
I can’t get ANYTHING but a slow blink.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get it to work on my 2005 or my 2013 without the additional box they send you which translates to something simple the LR can understand. Even though I think it's suppose to work, no luck. Call the 800 number for the garage door opener. They are pretty helpful, surprisingly. It's a common problem and they'll get to the bottom of it with you.

Additionally, I have an old garage opener that used to work fine with my LR3, but I can't get the damn thing to code with my LR4. It's annoying, but I've come to accept I just have the one opener on there.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have Liftmaster openers and never got the 2011 LR4's buttons to work. I finally overcame my OCD frustrations and gave in...I now have a compatible "clicker" opener I got from Sears that opens all 3 doors w/o fail. When I got my 2013 I didn't even bother trying to program the buttons, just clipped the remote back onto the visor. Decided I'd live to fight another day.

LocoRover

Reaction score
So the 2017 Full-Size Range Rover homelink programmed perfectly to both liftmaster slide gate, and liftmaster garage.

I just called liftmaster, she was really nice about telling me she couldn’t help. gave me the number to Homelink, they only have an automated system that walks you thru the same steps that don’t work.

I guess I can call installers that put the motors in.

annoying.

Thanks for the responses

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the 2017 Full-Size Range Rover homelink programmed perfectly to both liftmaster slide gate, and liftmaster garage.

I just called liftmaster, she was really nice about telling me she couldn’t help. gave me the number to Homelink, they only have an automated system that walks you thru the same steps that don’t work.

I guess I can call installers that put the motors in.

annoying.

Thanks for the responses
That's a shame.
I think mine is a Chamberlain, but was told they are the same as the Liftmaster. Guy on the phone (there was a number on the install instructions to call for help) walked me through it until we hit a bump, then talked me through alternatives. Never sent me to Homelink.

Just to make sure you didn't get stuck with an ignorant CSR, see if there is a phone number on your install instructions OR if you don't have them, go to the Liftmaster website and download the manual for your opener. There might be a # there which is specifically staffed with people who will help. They asked me the make and model of the car and passing the buck to HL never came up.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There have been reports from other owners of MY16s that they were not able to operate MyQ garage openers by Liftmaster / Chamberlain without a repeater. See this thread as an example: http://www.landroverworld.org/threads/liftmaster-garage-door-opener-suck.28858/

I guess Land Rover finally caught up with the technology on their newer models (thus your 2017 Range Rover programming natively and with no need for silly repeaters), but not on the LR4 since it was going to be discontinued anyway.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will ship you the repeater for free.
It's really a non-issue and they'll help you do the two step programming. (you program the repeater to your door, and then your car to the repeater)

The only thing that bothered me about it is my garage door opener has a battery backup. But the repeater does not, unless I plug it into an UPS (but it's on my ceiling, so that is unlikely). So if I want to be able to open my garage door in a power fail, I still have to carry the remote with me.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you've spent a good bit of time, what a shame.

Trying to get my MY15 to pair with my Martin Garage door opener was a pain. It eventually worked but took a decent bit of time repeating steps, long presses, etc.

Change your remote battery and or confirm its outputting a good voltage! Even if you just changed it recently.

I followed instructions listed here. http://www.homelink.com/landrover

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing that bothered me about it is my garage door opener has a battery backup. But the repeater does not, unless I plug it into an UPS (but it's on my ceiling, so that is unlikely). So if I want to be able to open my garage door in a power fail, I still have to carry the remote with me.

I had not thought of that. One of my bays has a battery backup, too. In my case, I can use the outside keypad to open the door in the event of a power outage. All of this discussion kinda makes me want to go out and try to program the '13's Homelink buttons.

But then I think-- life's too short. Why invite that kind of aggravation into my day...:cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi