2016 LR4 - Best Cabin Replacement Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spyder13

Reaction score
What is the best cabin filter replacement for my 2016 LR4? I am taking it in for the 15K service and would love to do it myself. I saw the Mann on Amazon, along with more expensive and cheaper alternatives.

It seems like an easy enough extract and install. Thank you for any feedback.

DaJammer

Reaction score
That's the one I bought earlier this year. Description reads:

Mann-Filter CUK 2747 Cabin Filter With Activated Charcoal for select Land Rover models

Yes, a very simple replacement and a nice way of saving a few $'s. The dealer markup on cabin filters regardless of vehicle manufacturer is astronomical.

And if it's time, and you need to replace your engine filters, do that as well. I had my vehicle in for its annual a few weeks ago and just tell them to skip those items as I replaced myself.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Mann-Filter CUK 2747 Cabin Filter With Activated Charcoal for select Land Rover models

Yes, a very simple replacement and a nice way of saving a few $'s. The dealer markup on cabin filters regardless of vehicle manufacturer is astronomical.

And if it's time, and you need to replace your engine filters, do that as well. I had my vehicle in for its annual a few weeks ago and just tell them to skip those items as I replaced myself.

Is it something that needs to be changed ever 15k miles?

DaJammer

Reaction score

And more frequently changed dependent on how often you take your vehicle off road and driving conditions. We had just experienced the nasty Thomas Fire where I live and ash was spewing for weeks all over the place. When the air quality improved, I was sure to change cabin and engine filters on my vehicles that saw the most driving during that period.

Schlepper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced with the Mann filter today. Also ran a can of Klima cleaner while I had it out.

Last edited:

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I highly doubt it does, regardless of what LR says, unless you are driving in some ******** dusty environments.

That said, it's easy enough to get to that one could at least check it once a year.

Reaction score
I'm more than happy with the new "CAREMETIX" cabin filter.

For LR4 is the P/N LAO280

filter_blaufaerbung_content.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/MAHLE-Original-LAO-280-Caremetix/dp/B06XYMZSTT

http://www.caremetix.mahle.com/

Protection against soot and fine particulates

Your personal low-emission zone begins here. CareMetix® eliminates fine particulates, brake dust, ozone, and exhaust gases.

Due to exhaust gases coming from the vehicle in front, the air at the centre of the roadway is up to six times more polluted than at the side of the road. With the innovative CareMetix® cabin filter, the vehicle cabin remains almost entirely free of fine particulates, tyre debris, brake dust, and exhaust gases. The S5 broadband technology also protects against micro-particulates and diesel soot—and preserves the sensitive components in the HVAC system from premature wear.

layer_content.jpg

Spyder13

Reaction score

Thank you! Found two for $40 on Amazon. Very easy install. It was done in 5 minutes. The old filter was dark grey after 14K miles. This spring was horrible with pollen, too. I will work on the engine filters next.

Kuro50

Reaction score
Replaced with the Mann filter today. Also ran a can of Klima cleaner while I had it out.

Did you have to remove the Blower Fan to use the Klima Cleaner? I was thinking about purchasing a can

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA