2016 vs 2017 Differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my wife feels that our LR4 needs a stablemate. We are looking at 2017 and 2016 LWB versions and I'm trying to find the differences between the two model years. Can anyone point me in the right direction for information.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2018's are going to inherit the new Velar InControl Touch Pro Duo infotainment system. This will make the current 2016 and 2017's look mildly "dated", which may drive down the pricing a little, if you are not in a rush.

Probably an easy start is to just download the brochures and compare features. http://www.auto-brochures.com/land_rover.html

Or read Edmunds' review as they always have the "new for *** model year" references at the top of their reviews.

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I finally found a soft copy of the 2016's to compare to the 2017 hard copy I have. We were settled on 2017 until we ran across a new, untitled 2016 SV marked down about $50k. That got me looking into 2016 vs. 17's

blainerides

Reaction score
Thanks. I finally found a soft copy of the 2016's to compare to the 2017 hard copy I have. We were settled on 2017 until we ran across a new, untitled 2016 SV marked down about $50k. That got me looking into 2016 vs. 17's

Did you pull the trigger on that '16 SV? $50k seems like an absurdly good deal!

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We did not. Believe it or not, not having remote start in the 16's was a deal killer for my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BronkoZ

Reaction score
Yeah, true, my wife would probably go crazy without remote start as well. I know what you talking about :p Therefore I'm aiming to grab a 2017 as well, found a pretty good deal at , but still can't really make up my mind for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

roverca

Reaction score
Kinda did the same thing as I have a 2007 LR3 (owned since new) and in a moment of impulse I bought a RR 2016 diesel last November when the dealer was closing out the 2016's. I really recommend the diesel! Great power and I get and average 23mpg and 29mpg on freeway trips. I use a Propel biomass diesel which has a much higher cetane rating and it burns cleaner than normal diesel and its cheaper. After having this Rover diesel I will never get a gas fueled vehicle again. I also feel better about the environmental impact and not giving my money to big oil. Only thing is they don't do a diesel in LWB which is something that I wanted but the legroom in the RR is much better than the LR3 so it wasn't that bad of a thing to for go. The only thing I wished I had opted for were the massaging seats.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA