24 Volt Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jcabrera

Hi, I have been looking at a Lightweight with 24 volts. Can anyone tell me how hard it to find electrical spares for it. Any experienced owner with a 24 volt systems?

bhodisatva

Reaction score
Hi JC, good move on thinking about buying the lightweight. 24 volt electrical system shouldn't pose too many problems for you as most trucks run 24v, so bulbs etc shouldn't be a problem. Don't know what the spares availability is like where you are, but most parts are still available UK side of the water. Hope this helps.

bhodisatva

Reaction score
Just had an after though JC, 24volt spark plugs might be a little hard to come by but i don't really know how your fixed on the spares situation out there for these items. They are available over here but are getting a little scarce.

J

jcabrera

How about replacing the 24v systems with 12v, anyone?... here in the USA is hard to get 24v electric spares.

bhodisatva

Reaction score
24volt systems can be converted to 12 volt, not sure of the cost or the hassle involved, but i will dig out some more info for you and pass it on.

bhodisatva

Reaction score
Probably best if you have difficulty in getting 24v spares. Godd luck on the search, let's us know what you eventually decide on. :)

bhodisatva

Reaction score
Waaaaaaaay cool JC, i'm sure your gonna get to love your series shed as much as we love ours. Post some piccies when you take delivery of it, so's we can all see what she loks like. Have you thought of a name for her yet?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV