4 liter replacing a 4.6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GuyMadison

Reaction score
I found a 2003 4.6 disco that needs a new engine, looking around these engines are getting harder to find with "reasonable" milage.

I found one but its a 4 liter engine and the price is right, it doesn't have the secondary air injection but I may be able to swap that all out.. but will the computer freak out with a 4 liter replacement on a 4.6 rig?

Since these engines are getting harder to find any recommendations would be great as I intend to swap it out this summer and have some time.

Thanks

Guy

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The computer will not run the 4 liter. You would be better off dropping in something completely different, but even then you will spend a lot of money getting everything working. I have heard of people putting in diesels.

GuyMadison

Reaction score
Thanks, I spent some time looking and its just too much effort at this point to do an engine swap. I have a 08 RRS also, the Jaguar motors are superior in performance and build quality at this point so I will probably move on to a LR3 / LR4 for my beater truck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut