$400 Brake Light Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Serge...Where are you buying an IAC for 47.00??? WOW!! And damn your throttle body looks CLEAN!!! Oh yeah I forgot you have the 3.9 engine ..Bryan has the same as mine 1998 4.0 cheapest IAC I could round up was like 249.99...Bryan Check your IAC as I am sure finding a fuel pump on Labor Day weekend is not going to be easy. If the Rover starts stops shivers and dies ..and does this again and you can crank away ..It *might* be your fuel pump..other than that I guess maybe IAC?
If you need an IAC Blue has one now on EBay..

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for 98 cheapest i see is 233 :( Sorry Melissa. I'll check few other options tomorrow

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling pretty silly here,

But can someone tell me how to get the damned fuel pump out!!! For the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove the thing!

Thanks for the help :) - I hope to be able to drive my car again this evening, otherwise i'm stuck with this damn "Lexus GS"!! :wink:

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Rich! Are you lookin' through the hatch @ a large orange ring? Have you depressurized the fuel system? Disconnected the neg. battery terminal? Disconnected the fuel lines? Turn orange/red ring anti-clockwise to remove fuel pump & sealing ring. your lock ring may be different, as yours is advanced evaps. Good Luck, LRW.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. The glorious saga of getting bloody ring off... :)

Two wise grips and short breaker bar or something.. Or genuine tool :)

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Sergei! I once made a tool to remove the orange/red (which is it) plastic ring! Now that I carry that tool I have never had to use it! I also carry a new orange/red plastic ring & rubber O seal that goes w/the new fuel pump that I take everywhere I go. I used to beat the old ring w/large prybar & hammer to get it off,and re-tighten is why I carry a spare lock ring. Thank You, LRW.

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woo, that ring was damned hard to get off! In fact i thought you guys were playing a joke on me!

One last question, i'm at the fuel pump unit itself. I tried tugging up on it, but it doesn't feel "Right" - Is this the proper way to remove the actual pumping unit by just pulling up on it with all the life you have in you?

Thanks again !

Last edited:

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O ya, anyone want my old fuel pump? It runs for about 3 - 5 seconds after turning the car on, then slows to a drizzle barely able to keep engine alive - If you throttle it then it dies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72