$400 Brake Light Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rich- Just wiggle it a little and it will come right out! Good Job on the lock ring! Was it plastic? or steel? Just ?? Have a good evening, LRW.

Rich_98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WooWee, my lock ring was steel. I tried wiggling it, first a litte, then a lot. Then I tried pulling on it with all my might. After about 15 minutes of that it popped right out (And I smacked my face pretty hard in the process) and I replaced the unit.

Thanks everyone for your help, if you can't tell - I'm not a machanic :)

G'nite

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
While you are in there, make sure that the wires going to the Fuel pump are not corroded and that the connections are good....since you are there.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fivespddisco said:
sergei where can you get a cheep stepper motor?

For 4.0L official parts sources got lowest price for new of 233$.

However try to get GP Sorensen 779-10003. Its hack and its for RR of with similar 4L engine, but.. it will cost only around 25$ and you may return if it wont fit. Should be available in autozones/autoparts (checkers) shops.

UPDATE: nope. That one looks same as 3.9L one.. :( damn.. I'll keep pondering

As of fuel pump retaining ring - its plastic on mine and it took hell of time to figure out how to unscrew it without just ripping it around. It actually screwing on..

Oh and when you putting new fuel pump in - put O ring onto pump and then slide whole thing in. It fits easier then :)

Last edited:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem. Glad if it helped to save some $$ :)

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Yippeeee..NAPA HAS A TPS !!!! Only like 100.00 ! You have to love it when they say: " Land Rover now who makes that"? ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV