5x120 Trailer Hubs! Where can I get them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am building a trailer to tow behind the LR3 for camping. I have 7 wheels for the LR3 and want to be able to use them on the trailer as well. Does anybody out there know where I can get a trailer hub and drum brake assembly that has a 5x120 bolt pattern and our metric studs (14mm I think)? I can't seem to find anything online. Thanks in advance.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure of everything that you are looking for, but if you are able to find an axle assembly - Motorsport Tech makes adapters so that you can put on the LR3 wheels. Folks have had success here with their Bora spacers. I'm hoping to get their spacers at some point.

Http://motorsport-tech.com/

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I knew about spacers/adapters but if I can get a trailer brake drum with the proper bolt pattern I would prefer to go that route. My plan is to go with a 3500lb torsion axle with 10" brakes.

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever find hubs? I'm looking for the same now.
I didn't find hubs of brake drums in a 5x120 but 5x4.75 is 5x120.6 which does work. I ended up needing to make spacers for wheel clearance so I made5x4.75 to 5x120 spacers

The _Just

Reaction score
I didn't find hubs of brake drums in a 5x120 but 5x4.75 is 5x120.6 which does work. I ended up needing to make spacers for wheel clearance so I made5x4.75 to 5x120 spacers
Thank you for this. I've ordered a pair of 4.75 hubs in hopes it'll work. I'll post photos when I get it set up.

The _Just

Reaction score
So, here's what I've learned... The 5 stud drum brakes (10") mount via 4 bolts to the spindle. The 6 stud drum brakes (14") mount via 5 bolts. You can't swap them out easily without changing the spindle to match the mounting studs/holes.

My lesson: Timbren 3500HD = 6 lug, Timbren 3500 (non HD) = 5 lug.

Looks like I'll be using wheel adaptors after all...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Boudica

Reaction score
So, here's what I've learned... The 5 stud drum brakes (10") mount via 4 bolts to the spindle. The 6 stud drum brakes (14") mount via 5 bolts. You can't swap them out easily without changing the spindle to match the mounting studs/holes.

@The_Just How did the build go?

m_lars

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Edit... I just saw a quoted a 3 year old post. What did you end up doing to fit the wheels?

It wouldn’t matter even if you could swap them, the LR wheel won’t fit over the hub of the trailer axle. You’ll have to have a adapter/spacer that is the depth of your hub and cap, unless you modify your wheels. At least that’s why I had to do two years ago when I built my trailer.

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edit... I just saw a quoted a 3 year old post. What did you end up doing to fit the wheels?

It wouldn’t matter even if you could swap them, the LR wheel won’t fit over the hub of the trailer axle. You’ll have to have a adapter/spacer that is the depth of your hub and cap, unless you modify your wheels. At least that’s why I had to do two years ago when I built my trailer.
The LR wheels have a small lip on the inside of the center hole it can be removed and the wheels will mount on trailer hubs you can’t put the center caps on while the wheel is on the trailer but you can put them back on if it mounted to the LR after removing the lip. I ended up fabricating my own spacer only because of clearance issues with my fenders and tires (I had less than a 1/4” between the wheel well and tire so when on rough road the articulation would cause the tire to rub).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72