98 discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doodlethenibber

Reaction score
I have a 98 discovery 1 and the truck had sat for 4 years. Its started up no problems no its not getting enough fuel. But getting spark and fuel its not mich but i cant figure it out it runs off starting fluid then dies.. Fuel pump is good pressure comes out strong but when i hit the fuel valve nothing.

TestPoint

Reaction score
Well, you do have a fuel filter between the pump and the fuel rail . . . and probably rust in the tank . . . that filled the filter to capacity.

Drain the tank and flush. Inspect the tank. My Volvo project had sat for 19 years and required the replacement of the tank, pump, filter, pressure pump and fuel distributor. Wish you better luck.

Last 2 gallons of 19 year old fuel:

PB181388.jpg

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You do have a fuel filter on the passenger side just behind the rear tire if I recall correctly. If pump is working then the filter is clogged or the tank is full of crap and the pump can't even pump.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72