AC control knobs getting sticky.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chawki

Reaction score
Thanks for the help!
The reason I asked is that I saw an lr4 to replace my lr3, it has a very low milage, everything looks good, the only thing that's standing out is these knobs. It must be the hot weather in combination with bad material.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it REALLY bothers you:

http://www.roverlandparts.com/2010-2013-lr4-temperature-control-panel-5-0l-v8.aspx

IMG_8057.jpg

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it might be caused by lotion or certain soaps. My wife's RRS and XK before it had the same problem, my LR4 with the same knobs and switches doesn't.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine recently started this sticky problem. 2010 lr4

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, i used goo gone and the rubberized coating/feel is gone, but it looks brand new. That's all that really mattered to me. It's not that big a deal if you ever lose grip of it while configuring the air...big deal.

Huy Tran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just popped those rings off with a little prying. Then used a rag and some alcohol and rub off the sticky stuff. Thought about coating them with some Plastidip but didn't feel that it was necessary.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happens as they age, and in my experience it happens almost overnight.

I just scrubbed the rubbery goo off and live with the hard plastic underneath.

thekarl

Reaction score
The LR4 sticky knob issue comes from cheap Chinese plastics that have used plasticizes to emulate soft plastic compounds or rubber rather than use better quality plastics. Surely everyone has experienced this phenomena on other products.

We will be trying the Boeshield T-9 solution mentioned above and I will re-post on how it worked.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi