Advice on buying a Disco II 1999

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N

necroeire

Hello to all from Ireland,
this is my first post so please forgive my lack knowledge with the Discovery.
I'm looking at a 1999 Disco II TD5 with 104,000 miles and need some advice on what to look for when buying?
I'm selling my Audi A4 1.9TDI which is very comefortable but I feel that it just isn't enough fun and I'm not very much into speeding so a good work horse that can carry 2 golden retrievers and allow me to have a bit of 4 x 4 fun is what I'm looking for.
Also I have to travel 60 miles per day to and from work so road manners is important.
Can anyone offer some advice on a Disco II and if this is in your opinion suitable for my requirements or should I be looking more to a SUV like the Freelander?
Many thanks,
Dave.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First, do not go with the freelander, it has been discontinued for a reason.

Second the D2 should do what you want just fine. The TD5 will get you good fuel economy and is very reliable. The D2 also has very good road manners. Lots of good info here, just read some of the info in this section of the site, and you should find out all kinds of info about Rovers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV