Air Conditioning problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swilmarth

Reaction score
No. the fan is not working. I guess that helps narrow it down. Should I order the fan and swap it out. I saw on another post that it looks pretty simple. Also maybe it is dirty and stuck. A good cleaning???

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send me your tele number and a good time for me to call you before you start throwing money at it.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would test the fan with external power to make sure you don't have other issues.

swilmarth

Reaction score
I went for a drive today on the freeway, 70 mph. I decided to try the rear air again and it fired right up, nice and cold. So i hit the front air and it came on just not very hard. The temperature was cold but not as cold as it should be. When i came to a stop the front air went almost completely off. The rear air stayed cold for a few min then started to warm up. When i took off again it got cold again and the front air turned back on. The fan was on #4. It felt like it was on #1

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like the fan in front may be bad or the switch controlling it... and you may be low on R134a.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
D2, IIRC it is on the driver side fender you will have both a high and low check valve... NEVER mess with the High pressure side.

You can get a gauge at any walmart or autoparts store for around $20. Start the vehicle with the A/C on and check the pressure.

swilmarth

Reaction score
R134a was a bit low. No changes. Next has to be the fan?!! I took the lower portion of the glove box off. Where is the switch that might be bad? I found the fan. Looks fairly easy to pull off and replace. I don't know how to hook the fan up to external power.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
fan switch in in the dash the button you push to change the speed.

External power... remove fan plug and apply 12v power.. if fan runs it is good.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut