Android integrated with factory screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

equilibrium

Reaction score
Couple of months back I was looking for an aftermarket Nav unit (I do not have the factory Nav) and found a company that provides entertainment solutions for different auto brands. For the Land Rover they have an aftermarket Nav unit and an android unit that can be integrated with the factory screen. I have ordered the android unit and installed it. The system is running on the factory screen without any change to the original unit features. It is using the NAV button to switch to the android screen.

Now I have a full functioning android system with a live data google maps. And I can install any Nav app available in the android market.

I have faced few issues with the touch calibration and sometimes the system get stuck but overall I am satisfied with the results.

IMG_7336.JPG

It is a plug and play. The installation was easy (DIY) except for the gps antenna that had to be passed through the firewall to the engine bay. No need to cut anything so you can return back to the original setup without any damage.

IMG_7177.JPG

IMG_7373.PNG

IMG_7378.JPG

IMG_7379.JPG

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you need to have it connected to an Android phone to pull map data from cell towers?

equilibrium

Reaction score
Do you need to have it connected to an Android phone to pull map data from cell towers?

It is a standalone android system as if you are using an android tablet. If you want real time data you need to connect to the internet using wifi. It does not have to be an android phone you can connect to any wifi hotspot. Or you can download the maps and use it offline.

I am keeping a d-link usb LTE router connected to the usb port under the center armrest so I will always have connectivity.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you lose the "4x4" screen (assuming you had it before)?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His first post said you don't lose factory screen / use. On the factory screen, you toggle back and forth from Android with the Nav button. (Assume you would prefer to use Google Maps or Waze from your Android screen anyway)

At least, that's how I understood him.

equilibrium

Reaction score
His first post said you don't lose factory screen / use. On the factory screen, you toggle back and forth from Android with the Nav button. (Assume you would prefer to use Google Maps or Waze from your Android screen anyway)

At least, that's how I understood him.

Exactly, this is what I mentioned in the first post. It seems my English was not good since I am From Saudi Arabia and I speak English as a second language.:hmmmm2:
You are the only one who got it here because you are living in the Middle East and you can understand when an Arabic person try to talk in English.:biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV