Battery Life

Discussion in 'LR4' started by jptruck, Jul 21, 2017.

1. TCM75

TCM75 Full Access Member

Not sure...how old is you battery? lol

I just took it with the longer list of other indicators that it points to an electrical issue. Hopefully with the battery.

2. Frank8

Frank8 Full Access Member

One yr and 13k miles. It’s a 2016 lr4 bought a yr ago.

3. PaulLR3

PaulLR3 Full Access Member

Not that I know of, but I can say from experience that when the clock changes to military time and the month-day format changes to the European format, it's almost time for a new battery.

4. TCM75

TCM75 Full Access Member

Ha! That happened months ago for me. I just chalked it up to being "quirky".

5. umbertob

umbertob Full Access Member

... Or a single wipe of the windshield wipers when you crank the engine.

6. Quijote

Quijote Full Access Member

Well, I thin kit is time. My LR4 has a DOM of Augyst 2013 with 29k miles and still on the original battery. I may or may not make a trip to Canada later this month, and t's probably wise to do it with a new battery.

It appears consensus is to go with Interstate. Any model number and best place to source it?

7. TCM75

TCM75 Full Access Member

Update:

Dropped the LR4 off this morning and just got an update call from the dealer. Something "went bad" in the battery and they are replacing it under warranty, charging system checked out okay, and the window switch issue is unrelated; needs to be re-calibrated and that is something they would show me how to do if it ever happened in the future. That, and they said I should flush brake fluid and power steering fluid for $259 each. Ha!

On a side note, I saw the "Range Rover" key fob being handled from the loaner car desk before doing the paperwork and asked if it was an Evoque, to which the clerk said "yes" in a somewhat positive manner, like I should be appreciative (really hate those things). I asked if there was anything else, perhaps a Discovery. She said there was but would a full-size discovery be okay and then apologized it was only a diesel, lol. Much better choice than an Evoque or Disco Sport.