BIG PROBLEM with my D1 1998

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweeet :) On all those money saved you can make nice expedition to Moab or around CO :)

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
So I hate to re-visit my BIG PROBLEM nonetheless this is merely an FYI that I received from a Tech friend @ LR Austin. It involves the battery connections/connector issue that was previously stated. Hope the following information is found to be beneficial.

"For your battery concerns. Check your grounds. There is a ground cable
going from the top bolt of the starter, straight over to the frame.
Specifically, it is on a body mount bracket. Pull that nut and bolt, clean the
cable end and bracket where the cable end contacts it. You have to clean it
real well. So it's shiny metal."

Best, Melissa

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's yet another example of how "the little things" will **** you. Taking care of the little maintenance issues can save thousands of dollars. Thanks for the information, Melissa!

BTW, this is my 200th post here. :)

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow Andy - the BIG 200!!

How does it feel, controlling all of that knowledge (both gained and given)?

:)

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
" BTW, this is my 200th post here." Woww Andy, your old. Ha Ha !! Just kidding of course.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just frequent -- Disco Mike and Uzbad have more substance. :adore:

What I've been able to add has been due to learning at the bitter altar of bad luck. :driver:

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Bad luck ?? Oh Andrew, life is good!! We drive rover's and I have an ulcer due to my Rover.. Ha !!! :rolleyes:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Substance?! YES! GOO! MISSION GOO! :)

Seriously though - congratz on 200 posts :) And finally, before i forgot - Andy, did your family had any relatives in Siberia by any chance? Me grandparents used to have friends with same last name as yours. That question been killing me for a while, finally i am asking :)

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ancestors (circa 1910) lived on farms in Russia, but they were German migrant workers...so maybe...but I'm pretty sure it was more southern Russia than Siberia...

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this last name isnt very rare, i think, but i thought it would be interesting to give it a shot :) They were very nice people.

You never know - its a pretty small world. For example here, few years ago, in States i met far relative (4 generations apart) just by accident on the internet. Was very cool :) But then my family is very spreaded :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV