BLUETOOTH INFO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmihan1

Reaction score
I have 07 LR3 SE, does anyone know if it is possible to use the bluetooth to stream music from my phone instead of using the AUX port? AUX port has too much feedback.

onetwo

Reaction score
Not that I know of. Although my phone works fine via bluetooth for calls, I have to use a bluetooth to AUX port adapter to stream music. This works fine and does not interfere with calls. There is a small amount of distortion, but is no worse than most factory bluetooth systems I've experienced in other cars that I have owned.

I have an 08 LR3 SE and I did not experience any feedback or distortion when using an AUX cable. The small amount with the bluetooth adapter is far less annoying than having a cable running to the rear of the center console IMHO.

jmihan1

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info. Maybe I'll try a better quality AUX cord.

Viper51499

Reaction score
Not sure if it would be compatible on an LR3, but in my 2011 LR4 I use a tiny device called "Tune 2 Air" that the old school i-pod cable in the center console plugs into. It connects to your phone, tablet, computer, etc. via bluetooth and works great to stream music and audio from Netflix, etc. Audio quality is excellent (crushes the aux cable).

Basically it tricks the LR into thinking your Bluetooth feed is an I-pod. Steering wheel controls work to change song too. It connects automatically when you crank up the LR.

Also, when you get a Bluetooth phone call, the audio gets paused for the duration of the call and then un-pauses itself when the call ends.

If you go to Amazon and search for "Tune 2 Air" several different versions come up (looks like now they have them with the I-pod cable built in - I had to buy the cable separately). Most are labeled as compatible with Audi, but it works great on my LR4.

Photos attached. Hope this helps.

20170918_121712.jpg

20170918_121737.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi