Bluetooth Loud Outside Vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CraigyJr

Reaction score
2011 LR4

Does anyone else have an issues with their conversation over bluetooth being extremely loud on the outside of the vehicle?
I was at a red-light yesterday, and a car pulled up next to me and laughed while listening to my conversation. Tested at home with my wife and you can hear everything clear as day. It almost sounds like a speaker is facing outside the vehicle.
The inside volume is normal.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this qualifies for the strangest thing I've read on this site ever! I'll try it out on mine and see what happens.

CraigyJr

Reaction score
Yes, it is crazy, especially considering when the radio is on, there are no tunes outside the vehicle. But if you were to sing on the phone, we would would hear it.

Let me know if yours does it.

psc

Reaction score
Does the Bluetooth and Nav only use the center speaker on the dash ?

CraigyJr

Reaction score
So i listened to the speakers, it is coming out of a normal level from all door speakers, but it is exceptionally loud in the rear cargo , driver area speaker. Anyone else have that?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never tested this, but I have the same problem. The other day I was talking on the phone and someone in the parking lot asked me if I had a speaker projecting the call to OUTSIDE the vehicle. It's extremely loud and sounds as though it's being broadcast to the world.

Anyone know how to fix this issue? Is it just inherent of the truck?

Redleg Rover

Reaction score
Exact same issue on my 2010 LR4. I mentioned it to the dealer about 7 months ago and was told my vehicle operated as the 2011 LR4 they had in stock. I challenged: because they both are loud in the rear…*doesn't mean they're *supposed* to operate that way. Every time my vehicle goes in for service, I'll continue to remind them of the issue.

On a side note, a few months ago while walking down the street, I clearly overhead someone's phone conversations, and they were driving another vehicle of a completely different brand…*so (for better or worse) the problem is not unique to LR owners.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi