Brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the EBC Green's, but I would stick to OEM Ceramic though. The Rover's come with an awesome brake system as it is, but wouldn't hurt to add better quality brake pads. It's your call though, since chances are that your the one who is going to be paying for it.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the EBC Green's, but I would stick to OEM Ceramic though. The Rover's come with an awesome brake system as it is, but wouldn't hurt to add better quality brake pads. It's your call though, since chances are that your the one who is going to be paying for it.

I didn't think the oem were ceramic ...can someone else confirm this

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several options other that OEM pads that work well and will not have nearly as much brake dust as the OEM pads.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the term, "PURE JUNK", ring a bell? Rovers brake system need the best pads you can install, not the cheapest, dust squeaky poor stopping pads.
If you want to instal some pads and you don't want the squeaks from metalic pads along with lots of brake dust and poor stopping, the Use a set of Akebono ceramic pads. They are not cheap but they will not turn your wheels black, will pretty much out stop any other pad and last longer.
If you hae any questions, send me your number and I'll call you.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, I think the Akebono ceramics are actually cheaper than the OEM pads (depending on where they are sourced) but what about stopping power when the pads are COLD?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in Denver I have not noticed any need to warm them up to stop.
As for the best prices, Amazon.com is the lowest I have seen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV