brakes freeze

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

shergill

have problems with lr3 brakes
in am when started in cold approx 18 degrees pittsburgh foot brake light appears and all terrain system non functioning, if left for several hours fixes itself, any advice appreciated

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something could freeze in the brake lines I guess??? interesting. Where is the dealer you bought the vehicle from?

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the parking brake? If so, it's electronic and operates on the transmission. That would explain the link to the all terrain system malfunction. Probably just an ECU glitch, dealer may be able to fix.

S

SteveA

I've seen that problem with the electronic parking brake on Jaguars. Land Rover is using a similar system. I have not seen it act up on the LR3 yet, but usually with a Jaguar, you can cycle the parking brake switch slowly (down, up, down) and that will usually unstick it in cold weather. This should probably work on the LR3 as well. I'll try it the next time it gets cold here.

Stephen

S

shergill

I bought vehicle in paramus NJ, drove to pittsburgh, then problems started, local dealer ?busy can not see car until jan 12

S

shergill

both brakes, I left park brake on overnight in am frozen, I shifted car back and forth several times then park brake light off but foot brake on I drove home slow, in PM working fine, same occured X3 days
thanks for responding

S

shergill

will try slowly leasing the brake next time
I do hope this is not an ongoing problem
local dealer not helpfull beause car not purchased from them, no loaners for service or fix visits.
I have HSE tonga green alpacca wood trim looks fantastic
gas town avg 11 mpg
great sound
dealer in paramus reduced $500 my airfare

Last edited by a moderator:
D

discomike

Don't screw with it, get it back to the dealer, hell have them pick it up and deliver your a driver, they will if you push them. That is part of what you paid them for is the service.
Mike J.

M

mwillems

I always hesitate to use any sort of parking brake in cold weather - sounds like I am doing the right thing, not using it unnecessarily. Let us know what happens in the end, and good luck.

Mike

PS happy 2005 to all

S

shergill

before car got to dealer 1/10/5
another few problems
in am started car , computer noted "suspension fault do not drive greater than 30 mph, also R turn signal refusing to return after straightening car
at dealer 5 days v busy ,no loaner bc car purchased another dealer
found water leak inside suspension box on left side told this caused fault, also caused brake problem, indicator fixed
worried this many problems in new car
now running well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV