BT Hack for Pre-2013 LR4's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That dongle is pretty nice. I like that it's just one thing to plug in and I'm guessing it's hidden under the center console. Pretty slick.

If that doesn't work for some people, I used the item below in my LR3 and had no issues with it. I was able to mount the knob on the lower center console behind the emergency break. It was out of the way and the wires were easily hidden and ran into the back of the center console, tucked away.

It has a speaker phone feature if you mounted it higher, but I didn't mess with that. I usually never touched the knob but you could rotate it to go to the next/previous song or what not.

Bluetooth thing
It does show as currently unavailable, but if you scroll to the bottom there are several similar products.

Not as simple as jaquardoc found, though.

whathaway

Reaction score
Bluetooth thing
It does show as currently unavailable, but if you scroll to the bottom there are several similar products.

We use the SoundBot SB360 in our LR3 without any issues. The SB360 handsfree phone mic is superior to the LR3 Bluetooth mic. Now we use it only for the music streaming because the around the neck headsets are so good.

Huy Tran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Thanks to jaguardoc!
Got mine last week and it's the best $9 I've spent on this car. The Bovee was the only other device that worked on the LR4 and my Audi. Like bahnburner said, if it doesn't connect right away, just hit next or previous tract on the steering wheel.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it's working out for everyone. Like I said a bit quirky ;)
I will try using the "next" button to see if it solves the quirkiness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Elinders

Reaction score
Here's my solution to this issue in a 2011 LR4 HSE (Scroll to the bottom): http://www.landroverworld.org/threads/bluetooth-info.29457/#post-178172

Works great. I've been using this for about 2 years.

Yeah that's the same product I linked to previously in Amazon, I think Bovee is the brand and Tune 2 Air is the model or they changed it's name?
I have no clue, but they are the same thing and I agree, it's great. But sounds like this other product might work better for Android users.

Viper51499

Reaction score
Yeah that's the same product I linked to previously in Amazon

My bad. I should have read the thread more thoroughly!

But sounds like this other product might work better for Android users.

I am an android user, and the Tune 2 Air / Bovee solution works seamlessly for me (exactly as you described in your post). Looks to me like the alternate/USB solution mentioned at the top of this thread is cheaper, but trickier to set up/use?

Glad to know there are multiple solutions on this, because, yes, I love my 2011 LR4, but no factory bluetooth audio support is a disgrace...

Elinders

Reaction score
No problem, it is confusing because it goes by several names!

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 LR4 and no BT problems. Can control volume and song << or >> on the iPhone from steering wheel controls.

VernB

Reaction score
One of my biggest grips on my LR4 is the infotainment system that resembles a 2001 Honda Civic.
I hate all of the wires needed to do audio from my phone.
I have tried numerous ways around the BT audio. Adapter for iPhone jack (works intermittently, when it wants to), BT connector for AUX (works but a lot of back feeding when plugged into the power port).

I think I have finally found a solution
A simple $8.99 BT to USB Receiver from Amazon.
I had a hard time connecting initially when plugged into the USB port on the LR4. So I took it back to my laptop for the initial connection. Once my phone had the ID correct. I was able to move back to the LR4 and connect. The LR4 thinks it is a thumb drive, so the audio just passes through.
So far so good, and for only a $9 investment, was worth the risk.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072MN7YST/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Why not just use the OEM cable it works fine in my 2011 with both my iPhone and iPod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi