Buying help needed!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brjp1

Reaction score
Need to get some help with my LR4 purchase happening Saturday.

Option 1: 2011 LR4 HSE Fuji White with Black interior 39,000 miles for $28k No HD package

Option 2: 2013 LR4 LUX with Black package Fully loaded with HD package Black with Black interior 51,000 miles for $32,500

Having trouble deciding. Any thoughts here? I'm leaning towards the he 2013 I think but the 2011 is a great deal with very low miles!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

greg.t.bodene

Reaction score
Both are great, I prefer white white as it can get hot here...that said I have a blue ‘11 since the deal was really good.

Do they both have rear lockers? I’d get one with the lockers!

brjp1

Reaction score
2013 LUX has it. 2011 does not.

Cogs4x4

Reaction score
Need to get some help with my LR4 purchase happening Saturday.

Option 1: 2011 LR4 HSE Fuji White with Black interior 39,000 miles for $28k No HD package

Option 2: 2013 LR4 LUX with Black package Fully loaded with HD package Black with Black interior 51,000 miles for $32,500

Having trouble deciding. Any thoughts here? I'm leaning towards the he 2013 I think but the 2011 is a great deal with very low miles!!!

Option 2

HD I like white better... But black isn't bad

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the 2013.

I seem to recall that in 2013 they fixed a timing chain guide issue and upgraded the nav. Lux also has memory seats, xenon headlights, a handy center console cooler, nicer leather and a much better sound system.

On either one, make sure the water pump doesn't have a slow leak. That is a common issue. A low coolant level will be your first tip that the water pump has a leak.

brjp1

Reaction score
I'd go with the 2013.

I seem to recall that in 2013 they fixed a timing chain guide issue and upgraded the nav. Lux also has memory seats, xenon headlights, a handy center console cooler, nicer leather and a much better sound system.

On either one, make sure the water pump doesn't have a slow leak. That is a common issue. A low coolant level will be your first tip that the water pump has a leak.

Thanks for the input!!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with the 2013. Negotiate/budget in an extended warranty and you'll be fine. (obviously, check CarFax to see if there is any maintenance history of note)

That 2013 is a pretty sweet deal. I paid around $40K for the same setup/mileage but without the HD. It's actually too good to be true so give the car a careful look to check over condition and such. With the popularity of the LR4s right now and how rare it is to find an HD (rear locker, right?) that's too tempting to pass up.

brjp1

Reaction score
Go with the 2013. Negotiate/budget in an extended warranty and you'll be fine. (obviously, check CarFax to see if there is any maintenance history of note)

That 2013 is a pretty sweet deal. I paid around $40K for the same setup/mileage but without the HD. It's actually too good to be true so give the car a careful look to check over condition and such. With the popularity of the LR4s right now and how rare it is to find an HD (rear locker, right?) that's too tempting to pass up.

The car came from WI so I am concerned about the winters there and salt. It does a ton of damage on cars. They are as low as they will go at $32,500 and was pulling teeth to get there so no extended warranty. HD in my mind is really only great if you go offroad which I dont really do. Maybe I should reconsider that philosophy as everyone is saying HD is critical. Yes very good deal.... Black is a tough color. Shows every nick and scratch.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd side with the newer one for the mechanical and tech items that @PaulLR3 mentioned. Black cleans up really nicely and IMO the nicks and scratches are mostly apparent to the owner and not the casual observer. Gives it some character. Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV