Can someone help me with the LR Certified used program?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MWR

Reaction score
I’m currently looking at a Certified used ’04 Disco with only about 30K miles, and an in-service date of 7/04. So there’s a good 20k miles and 20 months of factory warranty left. I’ve read up on the Certified program on the LR website, and I mainly became interested due to the low-interest financing. But of course the extended warranty is a concern as well.

The salesman is telling me that in order to get the 6yr/75K warranty offered under the Certified program, I’ve got to cough up another $1500 over the sales price, and that the Certified warranty has a $100 deductible. Based on the LR site, the Certified warranty also takes the place of the balance of the factory warranty, which to me is ludicrous. Why would I pay $1500 to lose the balance of the $0 deductible factory warranty?

I see no mention of the $1500 on the LR website, so is the dealer full of it or what?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken (this does happen) the extended warrenty will only start at the remainder of the factory warrenty, I believe that the certified program basically says the vehicle is still in good shape and will retain the factory warrenty without question.

Again I may be wrong, I would double check with the service manager, not the dealer on this one.

MWR

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. For the sake of clarity, here's what the LR site says about the warranty:

Certified Pre-Owned Warranty*
6-year/75,000-mile limited warranty. Under the Land Rover Certified limited warranty, your Land Rover vehicle will be covered for 6 years or 75,000 miles, whichever comes first. Coverage begins on the vehicle´s original in-service date and zero miles. Plus you´ll have the option to purchase 12 or 24 months of extended coverage. For complete limited-warranty details, please see your Land Rover Retailer.

*Warranty will be in effect for Certified Pre-Owned vehicles purchased on or after 11/7/05. For vehicles purchased before 11/7/05, the Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty is for 12-months or 12,000-miles, whichever comes first. For complete limited-warranty details, please see your Land Rover Retailer.

I read this to say that the Certified program includes a 6yr/75k mile warranty, and 12-24 additional months are available on top of that to be purchased.

I also found this on the LR site:
Supplemental Coverage
The Land Rover Certified Limited Warranty supplements the coverage provided by any Land Rover New-Vehicle Limited Warranties* that may still be in effect on the vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA