CEL: Barometric Pressure Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the error ever come back after replacing map sensor? I just received the fault in my lr4. Took it to advance to get the code and now it's gone. I still have warranty so I'll be taking it in tomorrow. Hope the will work on it since engine fault has been erased.

My code came back on yes. I ended up replacing the MAP sensor. Going back to OEM filters. Cleaning the TB and cleaning the MAF sensors. It has not come back since then. :cool:

stufrowin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My code came back on yes. I ended up replacing the MAP sensor. Going back to OEM filters. Cleaning the TB and cleaning the MAF sensors. It has not come back since then. :cool:

My MAP sensor fault code started up again after months of nothing. I pulled it out and there is a little corrosion around it. Ordered a new one, when you cleaned the throttle body did you unbolt it or just open the throttle valve and use a toothbrush?

Any issues since then?
Thanks Stuart

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
I replaced my MAP sensor just like noted in link. Almost immediately I still got the P0106 error. Was the new sensor from LR dealership bad or are there other things I should also check? I just find it interesting that I never had this issue until the day after I took truck in for its 75k service... So thoughts from you guys or off to the dealership?

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
Ps - I do have K&N air filters - but had them since 2k miles - not a single CEL until 75K?

greg.t.bodene

Reaction score
Any updates? Just got one today...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mateostyle

Reaction score
Hi all, received the P0106 code a few months ago, replaced the MAP sensor with genuine part (thanks to this thread) and code CEL went away for 5k miles. Over the weekend the CEL came back on and it’s the same P0106 code. I saw another poster had the same experience. Any thoughts? The LR4 has 70k.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, received the P0106 code a few months ago, replaced the MAP sensor with genuine part (thanks to this thread) and code CEL went away for 5k miles. Over the weekend the CEL came back on and it’s the same P0106 code. I saw another poster had the same experience. Any thoughts? The LR4 has 70k.
Dirty throttle body. Very minor carbon buildup can cause it. Clean it really well and see if that solves it. It did for me. Pretty easy fix.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks - Will give it a try.
I used a toothbrush soaked in throttle body cleaner to get around pivot points in tb. Worked like a charm. My codes were very intermittent at first, but then more and more frequent. Got the map sensor code several times.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA