Check Engine Light P240B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quinn Alleman

Reaction score
I am at my wits end. I have been dealing with this issue for months now.
My registration has finally come to an expiration and i need to get this fixed to pass my emissions.
My 2005 LR3 SE currently has the P240B code in the DTC "Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit Low".
I replaced the Evap Pump earlier last summer and it fixed the code for a few months but it came back. I have checked the continuity between the fuse box and the + side of the pump and it seems to be connected. I checked the continuity of all the other three wires from the plug in the front wheel well to the pump and they are connected as well. No resistance.
I ordered another pump and i put it in. Hoping that would fix it, yet the light still came on after two cold starts.
Does anyone have an idea of what the issue would be? I will pay someone to tell me what the issue is if they can figure it out! I am in Utah as well so if anyone has a good mechanic in the area that knows a lot about LR3's let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV